Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monopoly was obviously a hit, that’s why I'm here. Each series got better than the previous. The Store exclusives, were really neat to find, and made it interesting.

Marvel, well I'd say limited success. I still see a lot of them around. And now preparations for release 4 "Spidey only" due to the soon to be released Spiderman movie, Hmm donno guys, I hope there’s none in the warehouse because there's plenty around Cincinnati/Nothern KY.

CITH, Blew off of the shelf’s, I see small amounts hidden behind other cars but seemed very successful. Even tho many hardcore collectors passed on them. I personally bought an inner and several Camaro’s.

So with those 3 "Tampo" Based series, what are your thoughts about Clue?

I'll go first.
From what I've read, on the series I think it would be kewl to add them to my collection. Someone has put in a lot of consideration as to what vehicle the "Suspects" should be "driving."

As with many of the "Classic" games, it was modernized to be more familiar with the kids today. PM has taken into account that their toys are made for the adult collector and very creatively placed each character on a "Vintage" vehicle (reminiscent of our years playing the game) as well as a more "Modern" ride. Each seems to scream "Look at me I'm Prof. Plum" or who ever they may be.

I don't know if they do or not, but getting game pieces with these would certainly be kewl. Then if you were a completist. you could get Mrs. Peacock with all the weapons of the game.

(BTW Due out in May)

Any one know if there will be store exclusives?

Sorry forgot to list the cars.

Mrs. White: '55 Ford Panel Van - '01 PT Cruiser
Professor Plum: '48 Tucker Torpedo - '98 Chevy Camaro
Miss Scarlet: '54 Chevy Corvette - '03 Corvette Convertible
Mr. Green: '57 Lincoln Premier - '99 Dodge Viper GTS
Mrs. Peacock: '59 Cadillac Eldorado - '02 Cadillac Escalade
Colonel Mustard: '60s Jeep CG - '00 Hummer

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Not gonna do it,not this time.

Exclusives were killin me during the Monopoly series.
My TRU never got the 1/43rds and KB never got the damn PT's.

Once I finally find these,the Tampo completion club will get my resignation.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Sounds like it should be a big hit but , Do you think will these make it to the pegs as a series or will they be broken down the way the "street freaks " (12 car mixed case) will be going out ? should be fun trying to get them all

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Working on the package design for these right now. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about these in the beginning. After seeing all the cars and their graphics, I really am looking forward to em. I loved the monopoly series. I expect to like these just the same. I give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I like the clue concept and I'll probably take a stab at putting a set together. I just hope they show up locally.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Kenny, here what I going to bet on! First release will be killer, everyone will want it. But the longer they drag out the series the less the sell. It almost a proven fact!

Myself, I like things like this. If Frightning Lightning wasn't such a great series before. I would probably like the new series.

Phil :thumbsup: :freak:

www.flipper67hobbies.com

·
Registered
740 Posts
Personally, I think my Solar Yellow Nissan Xterra would make a better vehicle for Colonel Mustard, but, of course, I'm biased. ;)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
HMMWV said:
DUDE! I'm gonna be running all over Atlanta to find the Hummer!
Be careful out there...remember what happened to Hugh Grant!

I personally don't do this style of cars, but think the concept is pretty cool. I can remember playing Clue with my siblings...I always jumped the gun and tried to guess who did it, with what, and where way too soon and was always wrong! LOL!

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Not a big fan... I would like to see the "displayability" PMS485 comes up with. If they stack well and compactly, I might give them a good looking over. BUT if the blisters are all over the place, and don't rest well on top of each other, then I'll probably pass. The Monopoly stuff did well, though I only bought the actual first set (w/green) and then the new added cars of the second round, along with the exclusives. They stack nicely and are displayed on my ceiling.

:)

R

·
0 Posts
OK, I'm a sucker for game pieces, I bought all the monopoly cars to get the game pieces and I'm sure I will buy all the Clue cars, at least until I get all the game pieces. Don't care for the cars, but GOTTA get the game pieces.

Did I mention I like game pieces? We have shelves in our basement that are 9' high, 2' deep and about 15' long that is nothing but games starting from when I was a kid. Love board games!! About as much as diecast..

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rob, Are there going to be game tokens? I was saying it would be kewl but haven't verified it yet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I will be buying the viper i just it were miss scarlet LOL not mr green! PMS any chance of a pic of the viper? TTYl, David

R

·
0 Posts
I thought that was what I had read, but I could be wrong...have to check now

1 - 20 of 52 Posts