Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Would you believe he's already told someone not to link back to this forum due to its sponsor's customer satisfaction performance? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
For any one person that has asked, there are 500 others who are satisfied and keep coming back.
You don't hear from satisfied customers as much as you do from dissatisfied customers because they're happy with thier transaction and go on with their lives. I bought a book today, and I'm happy with it, but I'm not going to look up the book companys forum (if there is one) to tell them. Nor will I with the Wendys hamburger I was happy with last week at lunch.

Why Steve is so worried about your business always baffled me. It seems pretty silly to me. I still recommend his site to others even though I believe it's focus turned more into an online hobby shop than the informational modeling website it once was. Thats just the way he does business, and you do business the way you do. Why would he feel responcible if people on his board are not satisfied with you?

Who knows...maybe next year in third grade, this will all be ironed out. :confused:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
As evidenced by his performance, it is much easier to hide behind one excuse to divert attention away from the fact that he was busted with recasts on his table at WF.

I am not the only one that has noticed that others have noted that his problem with "customer satisfaction performance" suddenly started June 9, 2003, the day after WF.

As far as I am concerned, I have been making and selling my own product since 1989. In 1999 during what could be called a 'divorce', we had some delivery issues. It has taken a long time to get close to being caught up and during that time, there were people who asked about product and service. For any one person that has asked, there are 500 others who are satisfied and keep coming back.

"Customer satisfaction performance" is a thin veil which gets thinner every time he uses it. It is really too bad he appears to also support and encourage some of the less honorable things in the hobby and a select few who do it. (It must be ok depending on who's work you recast.)

None of these facts can be disputed or changed. So let's do the 'next best thing'.

Hey! Look over there!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just want to take this opportunity to say I am overall
very pleased with PNT/Thomas Models. Sometimes you
have to wait, but the wait is always worth it!

PNT has allowed me to build the entire FJD fleet, something
I have yearned for, for many a year.

Edge

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I think you should immediately lock down this thread and randomly remove posts from a few others. This is YOUR forum and we need to be kept in our place! :jest:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No thanks, I've already alienated enough people! :(

Thanks guys! I must point out that I only co-sponser this forum with Capt. Lochnar.

I did go thru and unlock/edit over 50 locked down threads, most of which started summer '03. Several had to do with computer modeling.

Big deal. This is 2004, the 21st century.

Even though I do not 3D model, I always use my computer to assist in my physical modeling. I suspect most with a computer, some graphics knowledge who actually do physical models, do the same or similar. You would think that anyone who actually has glued a boxed kit together, especially a website and forum operator would realize the value a computer has on designing and building kits and models and would be interested in sharing that knowledge between board members and readers.

Thanks again,
Txxxxx Mxxxxx

This message has not been edited or deleted by Steve CultTVman Iverson.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
My Peril Sensitive Sunglasses haven't turned black yet, I think we'll be safe here.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
So Tom, I guess you've disabled the macro button that automaticllay inserts "This topis is beyond the scope if this forum" as it locks a thread? :D

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
You want to talk Customer Satisfaction ,I ordered some decals from
PNT Models, and Thomas hand delivered them to my front door.

Oh, by the way Thomas, I sent an order in today.
What day will you deliver them to. :devil:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Many threads have been unlocked and that button is gone now.

I hope I don't come across as an ass but it's gotta be said:

Let's get something established. While many of those threads were unlocked and/or edited, the person responsible for locking them was well within his rights in doing so. It was his board and if he chose to delete names, threads, and links then those were his choices.

I hold no ill will towards anyone. I would very much appreciate if the members of HobbyTalk who post here would be courteous enough to not post remarks which could and can be interpreted as taunting or trolling.

If it were not for Hank in bringing us this board and CultTVman for bringing us many of these threads, this section of HobbyTalk would not be here today.

Let's all play nice and keep this hobby fun!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
This has always been a good place for shared interests and to occaisionally blow off a little steam. I made a little crack earlier about shutting down threads and I know some members have taken these events personally. I hope my comments are taken as they were intended, ribbing among friends. I would also hope that the recently departed member is always welcomed here.

Now, would someone please say something rude or sarcastic, I can't take much more of this sensitivity crap!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know how to rile some feathers:

I've been waiting for my PNT Models order for four months. I received an e-mail 3 weeks ago that it would be pulled for shipment the following week. Nothin' yet.

I'm a patient guy. I understand people get busy. It's annoying on a personal level because money is tight and this was one of those little things I splurged on. But that annoyance spills into areas like: Why was the website "off" so I ended up selecting the wrong item? Why are there no item numbers on the check out page, only descriptions that are not quite the same as the ones on the webpage? Why is there no option to ship to another address, instead of defaulting to my home address where anything I get will sit on my front porch in plain sight of the entire cul-de-sac until I get home. Why no reply to my first message asking for an updated delivery date?

OK, I think I'm done.

I'm very much looking forward to these products, and look forward to ordering new products in the future. And I'm very glad this forum didn't disappear into the ether.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts