Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable! There are so many 1/43 model brands that it's overwhelming. A few years ago I started to change my collecting focus, narrowing in on sports car racing from the 1920s - 1950s. Even though many 1/43s went I kept the RIO cars. Well made and beyond my price range today. They are older than Brumm.
I noticed they're not mentioned on the forum.
Once I moved into my interest I was overwhelmed by a bunch of Italian manufacturers: Best, Box, Bang, Top and Art. They're super nice. Not much about them on line. They seem to come and go. Sometimes I wonder why they even start a company. LOL. It's going to come and go. Then to add to this confusing mix are the newcomers Bizarre-Spark (pricey) and Mille Miglia (cheap).
Just a comment; an FYI.

·
Administrator
32,797 Posts
It has been interesting chasing just the small scale stuff. I have run across a few brands who only made one car - one time and many others who only did one series. I am reasonably sure they moved other toys and products besides diecast, but it seems a lot of effort towards a single item. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
32,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bristol - the older Brumm and Rio are very affordable on auction sites. You really can't give them away, which is sad since I have a lot of them.

The Mille Miglia 1/43 are just a part works made in China for Europe. Several large companies make series like this (Hachette, etc) but if you are in the US you have to get them from secondary sources. The part works are either sold at newsstands or by subscription from their website, if you live in Europe or S America! Milton Fox documented a lot of the Hachette ones here!

Atlas / Deagostini recently stopped their Dinky Toy series - many were collecting those!
https://www.maronline.org.uk/another-model-atlas-subscribers-missed/
https://www.maronline.org.uk/deagostini-italian-dinky-collection-is-complete/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts