Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after all these weeks with no help from anyone on this site,I had to re-register to get back on here. I sent numerous emails to all sorts of admins on here and have requested a new password many times with NO ANSWERS.......HELLO IS ANYONE HOME?????? I will not start over so this will be my first new post and also my last post,I will drop by once in awhile but I will no longer sign in or post anything anymore. It has been nice being here since 1995 had many good trades and many good sales but THE PARTY IS OVER....Well I can't even post the link to Van Halens Happy Trails To You need 2 posts to be able to do that...Oh Well----------Happy Trails All........

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well after all these weeks with no help from anyone on this site,I had to re-register to get back on here. I sent numerous emails to all sorts of admins on here and have requested a new password many times with NO ANSWERS.......HELLO IS ANYONE HOME?????? I will not start over so this will be my first new post and also my last post,I will drop by once in awhile but I will no longer sign in or post anything anymore. It has been nice being here since 1995 had many good trades and many good sales but THE PARTY IS OVER....Well I can't even post the link to Van Halens Happy Trails To You need 2 posts to be able to do that...Oh Well----------Happy Trails All........
Dear All:

I had exactly the same issue and for a time I thought to do the same.No response from anyone I was not able to register under stanmmx any longer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was able to keep my name THIS time,but had to go through hell to get a new password.I had been away too long,I guess.I kept getting told that my user name was issued to someone else.YES,dummies.It was issued to me. Forum 64 was even worse.They seem to be a ghost town,now.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I will not start over so this will be my first new post and also my last post,I will drop by once in awhile but I will no longer sign in or post anything anymore.
Sorry to hear the site headaches have sent you packing Ray, but if you ever do stop back once in a while, you might as well join in a bit of conversation. After all, the admins may not know you from a sack of potatoes, but there are actual human beings here who would appreciate your hobby brotherhood as always. Whatever you decide, Happy Trails to you as well! :)

·
Administrator
37,105 Posts
Sorry to hear you feel that way, but we have to make our own choices. Drop by often! :wave:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
hm.., i don't get it. what is the meaning of " I will not start over ... "

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Dear All:

I had exactly the same issue and for a time I thought to do the same.No response from anyone I was not able to register under stanmmx any longer.
so... until now you are unable to contact hobbytalk admin?
it took 5-6 days till hobbytalk admin contact me.
hopefully your problem will be solve soon.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
All I had to do was create a new password? Not sure why this seems to be rocket science?
maybe same issue with me.
when first time i register to this forum, i use email A. but i no longer use that email anymore and also can't recover it's password.

i am glad hobbytalk admin understand my situation and able to send the password reset to my new email.

·
Registered
389 Posts
so... until now you are unable to contact hobbytalk admin?
it took 5-6 days till hobbytalk admin contact me.
hopefully your problem will be solve soon.
Dear Sir:

They NEVER contacted me since July 23rd.Hence I replaced a letter on my name - instead of stanmmx I am stanmax now and a new member to boot.

Nick K

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
perhaps you can send the admin email again/ pm them.
maybe your email is not reach to their inbox but direct to spam.

Dear Sir:

They NEVER contacted me since July 23rd.Hence I replaced a letter on my name - instead of stanmmx I am stanmax now and a new member to boot.

Nick K

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I found a very simple solution to the password issues. Click on lost password and a confirmation via email arrives within seconds. Respond to it and a new password is generated within seconds.
Copy paste the computer generated password from the email into the HT login box. Easy. No waiting, no name changes or permission is required.

Side note: I think its cool there are no Admins/Mods running around here enforcing a bunch of biased rules that are subject to change at any given time. We as a community can police it ourselves.

Freedom!
Eric

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I found a very simple solution to the password issues. Click on lost password and a confirmation via email arrives within seconds. Respond to it and a new password is generated within seconds.
Copy paste the computer generated password from the email into the HT login box. Easy. No waiting, no name changes or permission is required.

This worked for me.

I don't understand why, but I was having problems when I typed the password in. Copying and pasting worked. Thanks, 69ch!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Side note: I think its cool there are no Admins/Mods running around here enforcing a bunch of biased rules that are subject to change at any given time. We as a community can police it ourselves.

Freedom!
Eric
That's pretty much what the op should have done. Its pretty straight forward and a standard practice on any forum. Don't see why he doesn't know that. Surprised he didn't know that after using the internet for 21 years...(must have just used this site.haha) Impatience kills the cat bro...you should have found someone who knew computers to help you instead of getting pissed and being a drama queen about it. Doesn't garner much sympathy or pity when you get on here and say no one would help. You could have done that with a new account during the first few day...create one than ask someone here for help....not create one weeks later just to take a dramatic exit..lol....:rolleyes:

Oh well.....so long op....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts

Freedom!
Eric
YES! And on top of what Full Flaps said, this is the most friendliest, informative,
and most happening site with many people sharing a GREAT variety of stuff.

So what if there's a glitch once in a while. It's not your post count, password or exact name that matters, it's youz guys...capisce?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I had to create a new password to. I was wondering why. I was also wondering why the criteria for a new password on here was more complicated than getting into the Pentagon. Now I can only hope I will remember what the monstrosity I was forced to create is next time I have to log in.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I had the same headache with the password. Kept me off of here for nearly a month, having to come up with a new password...

EVERY SINGLE GOL-DURNED TIME I TRIED TO LOG ON DURING THAT TIME (INCLUDING TONIGHT!!!

·
Administrator
37,105 Posts
If you choose to stay logged in - you dont have to reenter it later (or create a new one when you cant.)

And as long as you update your email to a current one - you can just request a new password (to cut and paste) each time you do log on! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts