Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm still here.

Hello Capt. I'm more of a lurker since I can't contribute much to your forum. Does that count as still being here?

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I'm still here. It's just more places to visit everyday. I've still got my little sci-fi hardware board at the Clubhouse too!
But I like dropping in here and the PL board and the Assembly Line and the Modeler's Resource boards too. I haven't been posting as much or with much to show. Lot's of stuff happening with the family and I've started class (AutoCAD 3D!!). So, if I can scrape together some time, I'll try to work on a model or live vicariously through the other poster's efforts!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I think most all of us are still here. There's just more places to have to visit, as Ignatz pointed out. I've certainly noticed a drop overall in posts lately, even before Steve's announcement of the move.

Actually, all of the hobby/model boards seem rather dull, lately.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm still here as well. I don't contribute much in any of the different forums (hence my low post count) but I always look in at least.

Dreamer, was it you who originally posted that link for the paper LIS Space Pod?? If so, could you post it again?? I seem not to be having any luck in finding it (or which forum it was in). My hard drive and then my computer crashed a month ago and took including that one among many, many others. Oh heck, it took them ALL. I was having a lot of printer problems when I was trying to print it out and never did get a satisfactory printout of that particular model.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm here. :wave:

That's the great thing about cyberspace. Culty's board and this one may be on different systems now, but each is still just a click away.

Mark

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Barry, I found it: http://www.my-scifi-stuff.com/

It was a link Pygar put up in the general modeling BB. I'm still hoping someone has bluprints for the interior. Let me know if you still ahve printer trouble, I'll print it and mail it to you. Just tell me what weight caed stock.

Trek Ace said:
I've certainly noticed a drop overall in posts lately, even before Steve's announcement of the move.

Actually, all of the hobby/model boards seem rather dull, lately.
Yeah, that always happens here this time of year. Don't know why.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
There's a space pod Yahoo group with CAD drawings based on the studio blueprints, etc. Wish I had the URL handy...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I'm still here and will remain. I've been to Iverson's new forum one time to check it out and won't likely be back as I don't contribute to his forums anyhow. About the only forum I've noticed not to have had much of a drop in posts in the "Movies For Modelers" forum. It seems to be continuing along just fine. :)

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Cult's is just one forum of many here. I'll stick around.
I'm none to happy with the way EZBoard forums work. HobbyTalk's software is the best bboard software I've encountered so far, and it's spoiled me.

Seems like a 5-year step backward in tech to go to EZBoards, but whatever floats Steve's boat. I'll go there, see if I can figure out what the new posts are by tediously reading post dates, check the thread to see if I've even posted in it before by tediously scrolling thru it...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ah, thanks Dreamer!!

The printer I was using was just a problem unit. I've got another replacement almost ready to go as I need to have a working printer soon (being a club newsletter editor means I need to have printer capability) but I will let you know as soon as I get it set up and have tried a few printouts.

I haven't heard of any interior plans for this particular model though.

I've also noticed that the board activity has slowed down as well. I guess that the time of year does produce a noticeable shift in what people do online. It'll come back when more new items come available!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Still here. Even though I signed into Steve's new board I don't plan to abandon Hobby Talk. Even if the Polar Lights board should disappear also there's still enough here to keep me coming back.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
^ Ditto. Actually, since signing up on steve's new board, I haven't been back to it. I do plan to check in from time to time (as I do with starship modeler), but hobbytalk is "home."

1 - 20 of 67 Posts