Hobbyist Forums banner

So, How did the Thank You cars go over??

3K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  jhoop302 
CTWLSMIKE said:
I guess that's one way to find out their market value.

Not trying to offend anyone, as I am sure I would have appreciated the opportunity to obtain one as an authentic thank you. But, isn't it just the same Classic Gold 15 '73 Firebird with a Thank You stamped on the roof?

So for someone to obtain one that did not participate, without it being much different than the original, in fact, it isn't much more desirable to me than the the original, I don't see why people would pay alot for it.

Just my opinion.
Mike

You lost the whole spirit of Fest didn't you. The run was sooooo small PM could not supply 60 of the same casting without major work and months of pre planning (like the PSR cars) so I went to the boards and Chris stepped up big time. I offered him 10 of the cars back, asked him to wait until after Fest and sell a couple to at least re-coop the cost of his contribution so if any person should be rewarded with a nice offer, it is him because without his help, it would not have happened.

Just a tampo? Well isn't that pretty much how anything is done? A color change here and Fest logo there and keep in mind all event cars that people do for shows is done off over runs. Now I can put a Fest tampo on a car but let's see what happens if someone else does. Do you remember what happend the last time someone tried to use the Fest name? It is carded and numbered and each one comes with a signed "Thank You" card so yes, they are VERY different. I suppose you think a white tire on a car is not different as well but most don't agree with you. Since the car fires no desire in your gut you never have to feel bad about not getting one. It was a way for me to show "Thanks", not to increase the value of one's collection.

I must say your reply hit me wrong this morning.

jhoop302 said:
HI am i seeing this right - YOU GOT 10 cars because they used your car and YOU never even came to fest .if this is right - this whole thing SUCKS. lets give rob 25 cars and bobby 25 cars too . this is really so wrong its not even funny. but there was lots of things done wrong at fest this year in my opinion .
Ahhh Jon? He donated all the castings to me, paid the freight as well and ASKED nothing in return. I made a general plea to all on the board. Check the records. Chris was the ONLY one to step up. In return since it is his cars, castings and dime, I offered to give back to him 10 cars to give to family and friends. I needed 50 castings quick and this was the only way. He in essence ruined his stash of cars so I could pull this off. He did not sell these prior to Fest when the market was ultra hot to benefit from it nor did he wave a banner of "look at me and how important I am" either.

To get you free tables, free entry, free contests, free kits, free awards etc it all has a balance somewhere Jon. I thought what Chris did was top notch and you make it look like nothing but a profit motif.

If you have some areas about Fest you want addressed, feel free to e-mail me otherwise I'll have to make public my concerns as well. That may make some, very uncomfortable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.