Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
That is such a hoot! my dad would bring home kits for me when I was that little, you never forget. Great job!..The first kit I remember was the old Revell PT boat...the i/64th scale.
Get him kits for good report cards, Easter..he will build 'em.

Great work.

Steve

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Exellent! My dad would do the same. He would go out of town on business and bring me the latest Aurora! I got my son into modeling when he was young and we would build side by side on the kitchen table! Even my daughter would build with us from time to time! Please everyone..keep passing this dying hobby along! With all of the competition from computer and video games sometimes it seems to be a loosing battle!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
WhooHoo!! AWESOME! He's really getting into it to.

I remember that age....my oldest girl entered her 1st model at 2 1/2 ! both daughters built for a little while then boys, ipods and girly stuff took over.....oh well.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Oh, MODELLING...

for a minute, I thought it was about your boy becoming a the newest male model for the latest in "KinderPaint" wear (TM)

Congrats on warping the next generation! He's just taken his first step into a larger world.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Great stuff! Reminds me of my daughter when she was that age building the Jetsons and a PL T Rex which was painted purple.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Sadly, my 10 year old son says I'm a dork. (but he secretly loves to help!!) He's a Lego Man, don't ya know! Now those are serious business........:tongue:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Thats cool. The first model I remember building with my dad was the Lindberg Japanese Betty Bomber circa 1973. I didn't have a cool painting smock to wear though!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It's so good to see another young kid working on a model. My own son, now 17, has never really gotten into it, although he built a few kits when he was younger. He is, however, my biggest fan when it comes to my own work. He always comes up to my bench to see what I'm working on, check out the details and such. I wish he was a model guy too, but you can't have everything I guess. He is about to become an Eagle Scout, he's more athletic and outdoorsy than I have ever been my whole life, and he's just a great young man, so I can't complain one bit! Best to you and your son! Keep him at it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mitchellmania - I only bought 1 of each (they're around $35 CAD here). I may pick up another set the next time I'm in the States, though.

For those of you who've bought Gobby - don't glue his legs to his torso until you've completed the main glider parts and test fitted his feet in the holes. I made the mistake of completing Gobby first then starting on the glider and his feet don't sit very well (they've already broken off once).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts