Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On My Snowthrower By Craftman, When I Pull The Starter Rope The Engine Seem To Whant To Start But It Pulls Back On The Rope Thats In My Hand.

Does Someone Know Whats Not Working?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sounds like a sheered flywheel key, throwing the timing off. Did this problem start suddenly or did something happen when the engine was running?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it s a old engine thatad a friend had in the backyard.I had to to replace some parts cause of rust anyway all check the flywheel again myba a missed some thing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
serial number

I belive the engine is a 10hp, 143746102SERD and it looks like a tekcumseh motor.

The snow thrower is made by craftman
year early 1980's

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree, the usual reason that an engine kicks back is that the flywheel key is partially sheared, allowing the flywheel to turn and change the timing.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
eklips99;
After re-reading the posts, you stated the engine was from a friend, if it wasn't from a snowblower you may have an application problem depending on what the engine was used for previously, if there is nothing to act as a counterweight(mower blade,etc) attached to the crankshaft the flywheel is normally made of iron, if there is an attachment it is made of aluminum or zinc, so if you have the wrong application it will act as if the key is sheared. Have a good one. Geo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts