Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told of a possiblilty of major snowbird type race at major event center in ny this jan, the location will be able to accept 400 pit locations and has on sight hotel access and lots of other on site entertainment, the promoter wants to be sure he has enough interest in an event to make the investment this year, it would take place most likely weekend of jan 8th,

I need to get some feed back to show what interest there is for this event, the race will need to draw atleast 150 racers to make it worth hosting, it would be great to see more along the 400 mark for attendance, if this works it is something that can grow year after year,

please post some feedback and I will be able to post more details about event and location once there has been enough interest,

this will be a brand new snowbird size track with the same carpet and as close to dimensions as possible.

thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
this would be something that could be very nice. the only issue is something like this usually takes a lot more time to plan for you and the racers who would like to attend from far away. good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
For sure. I would love to attend. I spoke with wade over the weekend and I think it would be a great place to attend with everything on site including rooms. It would be like going to florida but I wouldn't have to pack shorts. LOL
Hope it flys
Fireball

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
For sure. I would love to attend. I spoke with wade over the weekend and I think it would be a great place to attend with everything on site including rooms. It would be like going to florida but I wouldn't have to pack shorts. LOL
Hope it flys
Fireball
no shorts just parkas and snow shoes:hat:

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I am down for this race for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
We're having one this year & every year to come in Indy over the New Years holiday weekend..."Prelude to the Birds".

Our new track is a Snowbirds replica with new ozite from CRC... we offer a in house Hobby shop & restraint & dining area and have a new Baymont hotel 5min away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where about in CNY is this going to be held and are you going to host the same classes listed for the birds? If its not too far from Syracuse i would love to attend with 13.5 10 and 12 pan cars. My son would race SK.

I will let the guys down at Walts Hobby in Syracuse know this is in the works and see if we can draw out a few more racers.

~Corey

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm in, the big thing is how long would the event be? Just a weekend? that would work to keep cost for racer down considering the Birds is a couple weeks later.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
What bring racers in at a large event isn't a date or a site.

Promotion is a big part of the race event success. (Time is running out for this event)

What also bring alot of racers is the race staff ... who's the race director? What rules? What classes?

You come on here and advertise that Scotty Ernst is going to run the show and I bet you get 75+ extra racers just like that ...

Example : Tony Stewart's US Open Wheel Dirt Oval Champs / Scotty Ernst as a director ... 500+ entries in a little less than 24hrs ... racers know what to expect and are willing to take days off of work to spent time at this event.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Thats a good call Steve. If you can get someone like Scotty Ernst involved that would be a big selling point for a lot of people.

To keep cost down you may want to try to make it a weekend show. No offense, but upstate NY in Jan doesn't really appeal to be a "vacation" type of event. In addition if you want to draw people that are going to the birds we wont be able to use vacation time for both. So if you did road/oval practice on thursday and friday racing on sat and sunday

1 - 20 of 278 Posts