Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mark I, Mark II... I have to have it either way! Big Mustang fan, and just getting into HO, this is what I like to see. :)

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Montoya1 said:
And here is another image of the Honda - added today I think:

Life Like sure likes their 'bubble' cars. Sorry but I just can't warm up to them . . . :eek:

'doba

·
Registered
444 Posts
The Honda's kind of neat.

The Mustang set looks nice, but we've already got one of the Tomy Super International sets, and set up a Catalunya layout with it. Surprisingly, you only need to cut off about six inches of straights in two sections to make it fit on an 8x4 table.

On the other hand, I'm still trying to learn how to make my cars not fly off. They're so fast, and Catalunya's a twisty circuit! :freak:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and set up a Catalunya layout with it. Surprisingly, you only need to cut off about six inches of straights in two sections to make it fit on an 8x4 table.
Hey Wingless, what does this layout look like?
Scott

·
Registered
444 Posts
Here's a quick snapshot of it:

We're planning on getting two 9x5 sheets of plywood and some extras, to set the track on. Basically it'll be on a 9x5, with surrounding walls that also act to support another 9x5 that will set over the track when it's not being run. Terraining and all will come as we find stuff to use. I'll try to start up a topic on here or a blog somewhere as it comes along. It's a fun track. So far we've tried the Super G+ cars that come with it, a pair of AFX SRT cars (the Daytonas), and the new LifeLike Fusion/MC NASCAR twin-pack, though those guys need a little bit shaved off the guide pin to make them work (they tend to snag).

Probably going to give it a dedicated power supply, but the packs that come with it are FAST!!!

Oh, and the railings are the typical orange rails that come with it (we've bought the only spare pack we can find so far, but plan to add more when we can get them), they've been sprayed with a ColorPlace silver spray paint you can get at WalMart for $0.94 a can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Montoya1 said:
Don't sweat it, they just mean the chassis with the tiny neodymium tractions ''dots''.
Those magnets really are small! But neo magnets are pretty potent, so they work. And with all the various sizes offered by magnet makers, it's easy to find extra magnets!

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Would look great with that chassis with the chrome wheels. Think I need to pick up a couple to mount to TJet chassis, if the wb will allow. :thumbsup: rr

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Wingless Wonder said:
Oh, and the railings are the typical orange rails that come with it (we've bought the only spare pack we can find so far, but plan to add more when we can get them), they've been sprayed with a ColorPlace silver spray paint you can get at WalMart for $0.94 a can. :thumbsup:
Wingless,

If you PM me your mailing address, and a count of how many of those guard rails you need, I may have enough to send you so you can finish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts