Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy on here mail me a money order on here weeks ago, it finally showed up today 16 days to go 100 miles post marked sept. 9th,I sent his stuff out today,and to think today they anounced a 4 Billion dollar bailout of the postal service.:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I sent a losi buggy to a member in Canada back on the 14th, and according to the usps website, the customs form is still showing as 'accepted' at my local post office with no progress from there....frustrating as all hell.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Many people complain... I still think it is a great service. You couldn't drive 200 miles round trip to pick up that envelope for $.44, or drive across the country for $25 or so bucks to deliver a package. OR take it across the Atlantic ocean for $50 bucks... but people still complain... I don't get it...
It is the great service we have come to rely on and is now faltering, that is frustrating. My Daughter worked for them while going to college... The postal service is understaffed and mismanaged, Fuel costs have sky rocketed, but people don't expect them to raise their prices. For YEARS the Post office was the only area of the federal government that was self supporting.. but things have changed. How much gas do you think they go thru in a week?
There are ways to assure your stuff gets where it is going in a timely fashion even thru them.
Priority Mail... cost a little more but worth it.
Delivery comfirmation, doesn't cost much and helps you track your package and you can to that on almost all packages, even envelopes.
For international shipments.. (even just to Canada) there are a variety of way to go too..
UPS is one of the best.. but not cheap. But they ALWAYS know where your package is.
I ship most of my stuff by US Postal Service. In 8 years of doing business... they have only lost one package. Once it leaves the US.. all bets are off. ANY package is at the mercy of the customs department in what ever country you send it to. I had more than one international customer pay MORE in shipping thru UPS that the product he bought was worth so it would not go thru his mail service.
So go ahead and vent.... but if you don't like it.. deliver it yourself and then we will see what you say.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Take the USPS out of the hands of the government and turn it over to a private company and it will operate a thousand times better, just like UPS and FedX. The feds have proven over the years that they can't run anything because there is no accountability. I do agree that they do get done what we want and I have had few problems with them, but I have had less problems shipping with UPS. Though it cost more, the tracking info and reliability is worth the extra cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts