Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Bret Lund
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished racing at RACING CITIES HOBBY in upstate NY and I have to say I was witness to the best 4 cell stock racing I've seen. Great driving, and a perfectly smooth track, with brand new carpet translated into one of the best races I've seen.

MODIFIED Was even more spectacular. 76 laps, turning 3.0's!!! It felt like 6 cell mod used to be. 25mph average on this small track is smokin'.

If you want some cool racing, every Saturday night from 6:00 till... (11:00 tonight) go to Racing city hobbies. (518) 792-7272

Later, Bret

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Oh yeah !!!!

i will second the motion !!! 120ft drive line,7 car 4 cell stock A main...everyone one makes it through the race relatively un-scaved...what a show......the dream race and the best is yet to come...the mod guys all i can say is freakin unbeleivable !!!! :thumbsup:

J

·
0 Posts
Jet, how does the size of the track compare to madness last year? Also what about starting setup, pretty close to what we ran at madness right? roll out ect, for 4 cell mod.

·
Registered
555 Posts
tj, a couple guys talked about 19t but so far no one has even practiced with one. the stock class is like a nats event good fast guys, 7 cars within a couple seconds. mod was well, mod hey-nus, with the new rug and smoothed surface we were really able to put the power down, so much so they had to change the lap counter minimum lap time / delay!!

·
Bret Lund
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JEFF I'm the wrong guy to ask for a setup compairson. I've never run anything but Paragon, and you can't use it there so I was chasing the setup all night. I got fairly close for the main but was probably 1/2 lap off. People tend to be tight with their "old"(standard) setups.

My car usually likes, Black RF, Green LF, and white rears, I ended up with 1 step stiffer center shock spring and 3 blacks with a white LR. Still just a tick too tight, so I'll have black all around next week.

I'd bet if you come with your standard setup, you'll be looking for some steering.

Later, Bret

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just want to thank everyone for running so well last night. That was some of the best racing I've seen in years. 7 car stock A main was smokin' no major wrecks only very minor one coming out of 4 to the new start/finish line (on the front stretch!!!! no more starting on the back stretch oval guys) and that was it. Wade B was on an 81 lap pace early a full lap above the all time TR and finished with 79 +1 from last years old TR. Mod A was another great display of driving. Those guys were so blindingly fast it was nuts!!!!!! Fast lap of the night to John H with a 3.06 WHEW!!! Top 3 in the mod A beat the old TR of 73 laps top 2 shattered it by 3!!! :eek: Now that's haulin' the mail. Truck guys were crankin' too with a new TR by Dave L. The best part of the whole night was the whole night. Heat races were just as good as the mains. Track Records being broken with each race that followed, and I'm sure those won't stand up for long as the track gets more run time on it. For all of you who like to go fast on a SUPER SMOOTH surface this is the A ticket ride. Acording to what I've heard this track would lend itself to some great 12th scale 19t or stock racing too, if anyone's interested just show with enough guys and Ken said he'd be happy to have another class run.

Fianlly I want to thank everyone who helped get the track ready and repaired/rebuilt because without them it never would've happened. Steve M, Angelo Z, Mark L, Tom H, John O, Ken and his whole family all of whom gave up precious time from their schedules and families to make this a great place to race. We were able to get it from ripped up to race ready in only 5 days!!! :eek: Great job everyone!!!! :D

John S

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I also ran last night at Racing City, The track was in its best shape i have ever seen it. Real insanely close 4-cell Stock racing. 3-Mains in Stock! The most in a long time not to mention how close the competition was. I can honestly say i did not know one person who did not enjoy the racing surface and that didnt enjoy it. Thanks to everyone who made the track possible which is a whole crew of guys. Special thanks To Tom,Chris H,and Ken for helping me charge when my charger died :rolleyes: Everyone should make every effort possible to show up at the track. :D *Justin Smith*

·
Registered
76 Posts
The new rail system just came in today (tuesday) and we are setting it up tonite as well as the new corners for the oval. The track should be sweet for this weekend both friday (on road) and saturday (oval).

Steve M.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The new oval is in place and ready for saturday nite. We put in the snowbird corners (white tile) to eliminate the double hit coming of the turn. I'm going to miss that sound. ;)

Steve M.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Looks like theres lots of space for slow guys like me to go wide in the corners and let the fast guys through... (that's good) Seems like the corners have a bigger radius the most tracks as well... I don't think I've ever raced on a short track with larg radius turns... is that accurate or is the photo deceiving?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
LOOK a million times better for tall the ALbany guys 2 tracks witin 40miles ....When will you be scheduling a BIG race [big means an advertized race like the NORTHEAST SERIES.....Looking forward to getting back up there...SRM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
great turn out at ken's track this week. If anyone wants to come and race with tightest fiels of oval guys, this is the place.

1 - 20 of 375 Posts