Hobbyist Forums banner

smokin 8hp

4K views 51 replies 4 participants last post by  oscaryu1 
#1 ·
my 8hp (190707) smokes blue/white smoke when go from slow to fast and when i hit bumps, could this be a head gasket or somthin else,, thanks

#6 ·
well i had to much oil in before i changed it, so all i did was change the oil and its the proper amount, but the needle in the bowl (adjustment)had a grove from the tip upwards to the thread part , and so does where it seats, could this be the problem
thanks

#16 ·
well good luck =-) and forgot to add in my b4 post, check the head gasket, if its not torn up or melted to the head/cylinder its usuably, wipe off ALL dirt and grime, if its on top / bottom of gaskets it could cause uneven head top when screwing on, resulting in losing compression

#17 ·
i guess i'll put a head gasket on it because when i removed the head a week or so ago (that was when i broke the head bolt off), so im just gonna buy a head gasket and a helicoil insert so its alback together properly and finish rebuilding my 12hp i/c :thumbsup: ,, thanks

#26 · (Edited)
if its not balanced it will vibrate quite abit, the tractor i got the non balanced motor from had rubber motor mounts and i couldn't figure out wy until i put the motor in my tractor without motor mounts and it viberated like crazy, i even thought my crank was bent becaseu of the vibration but it was becasue it wasn't balanced, this was my post>> http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=146009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.