Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the gang at JADA decided not to do their 1/24 scale 1972 FIREBIRD up like the Bandit's "Bird" as planned, (officially licensed or not) because the year was pretty far off. The early photos I saw of it showed the potential for a cool BTM tribute to a famous car I love, but it was far from accurate and off the mark of the movie cars by 5 years.

Among many of the obvious differences, the 72 didn't have the arrogant "beak" of the 77 and 78 models. Also, while JADA's sample 1/24 72 "Bandit" had the gold wheels (plate not paint) and the firebird graphic on the hood, it was missing most of the extensive gold stripes that the later black FIREBIRDS like the Bandit's are famous for. Oh yeah, there ain't no T-Tops on that casting either.

So, enter JADA's 1/64 1978 FIREBIRD...

Heres to a 1/24 in the future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the 1/64 SCALE 78 TA shown above is from BTM wave 9 or 10. Not sure on the street date, but I suspect you'll see it before years end. Also, check out the JADA site for the other 1/64 78, they did that one in PONTIAC gold!

As for a 1/24 SCALE version, JADA hasn't made that casting yet, but I'm sure its in the works. ;) Oh baby!

·
Registered
424 Posts
The only 1/24 available now is the 72...................

Black with "Silver" (read "Lame") Wheels.....................

No 78 in 1/24 yet..............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts