Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to pass my experience along with others who use this receiver pack. In no way am I bashing SMC in this post. In fact I was very happy with this receiver pack until I messed up tonight. While racing yesterday, I was in a hard collision where my Dean's plug on the receiver pack got knocked off. Tonight when I was attempting to solder a deans plug back on I accidentally touched the positive and negative wire tips together. Since it is such a small gauge wire, the plastic insulation immediately melted, I don't know for sure, but when the insulation melted I think it fused the 2 uninsulated wires together. It immediately went up in a very white smoke. Thank God I was able to make it to the patio within seconds and chucked it out my back door where on contact it immediately burst into almost 10 foot flames. So for anyone who is going to change the charge plug, please remember that it is small gauge wires with little insulation. If like me, your not careful, it could lead to possibly burning your house down. Again I am not bashing SMC in any way and I would recommend this receiver pack. I'm just an idiot.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
the easiest thing to do is to make a conversion wire setup to go between your reciever pack and charger, that way you do not have to change the plug on the battery and avoid this problem.. get an old femail end with a set of wires and soilder a deans connector on the other end.... just an idea

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Yep, that what I did, went to the LHS, got a female receiver plug pigtail, soildered on a male deans and a little heat shrink!!!

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Has anyone experienced any issues with the new receiver pack switch going bad? I just had my new one installed and the started smelling something burning, then the everything died. I checked the voltage on the charge lead and everything is OK, but the switch side is totally dead.

Bill

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Has anyone experienced any issues with the new receiver pack switch going bad? I just had my new one installed and the started smelling something burning, then the everything died. I checked the voltage on the charge lead and everything is OK, but the switch side is totally dead.

Bill
On an LRP, only turn on the RX pack switch. If you turn on both, apparently it fries the switch in the RX pack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts