Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. been noticing my dodc pack wont charge up over 8.40 anymore and normally 8.38 39 range. do packs die off a little after time or is there a way to revive this pack? havent learned much about lipo

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an onyx something or other. charged it on turbo 35s and pulser 3s also that have been bumped up.

used to get it to 8.42 8.43 on my onyx this summer. now that indoor is here its not goin over 8.4

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
It most likely needs to be cycled and then balanced. I found that after several runs that the battery starts to feel a little flat, and if you cycle it on the Turbo35 and hit it at 35 amps it seems to "clear" the battery. Don't know if thats the right terminology or if thats what it's even doing, but it seems to work. Depending on how old it is though, they do loose a little voltage.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
um. few months away from year old. i was thinking it was just old. power seems decent, however just running 90ft track. figured id ask before the open wheel to see if it was just dieing off or if it needed something. and yes been balanced few times though year and then every time i charged the past few weeks on friends turbo 35

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Have you ever cycled it @35 amps? I found that the batteries do seem to build a little bit of a memory, and discharging it tends to clear it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts