Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am pleased Polar lights is making Big scale Star Trek models but theres a problem.Many of us just don't have the space to display them.At the time of Star Trek The Motion picture when Lesney/A.M.T.made the Motion picture U.S.S.Enterprise at 22 inches long,that was about as big as I would like them to get.I love the refitted U.S.S.Enterprise and I too am looking forward to the Polar Lights kit of it in 1/350 scale but its going to be hard to find a place to display it.I also want to protect it as best I can from getting dust on the model once its completed.If people have the space to display them then thats great but many of us don't.I have looked at photos of Thomas models prototype of the Refit in size relation to the Ertl 22 kit and it dwarfs it.Star trek Enterprise has started season 4 and I'm enjoying it.In last nights episode we saw another NX class starship.I'm sure we will also see decals for it from someone and maybe in a future episode of Enterprise,the two ship will be involved in an action story hopefully,thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I actually like the bigger ships. Seems to give you the chance to add detail in a manner that is not so eye squinting. :D

But I know what you mean by Display. It is hard to find a Banister Book case that will fit those big things. Got myself a Large Aircraft Carrier Enterprise that I have been working on, and that will be a pain to find a good spot for that. But one suggestion, and if you have the room, When you see a Dept. Store that is closing up or renovating, Go and see if they will sell the display cases. For my Fire Company, we got them donated, but they work beautiful, and most come with the lights already hooked up in them for illuminating your pieces. My place it too small, so I have to stick to the bookcases. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Decals for the NX-02 Columbia are already out. JTGraphics or Thomas Models, can't remember which, displayed them already on the BB. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find them here. They are for the 1/350 NX from PL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts