Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the engine, the engine runs at high rpms and gas dumps out of the overflow. I'm thinking the float needle isn't seating properly. I tried to clean the assembly by spraying carb cleaner into the float and letting it soak overnight. Unfortunately, I can not disassemble the float without the use of an ez out extractor. There are no heads on the bolts.

I'm debating on whether I should purchase a new carb or try removing the bolts and replacing them. Do you think a float stuck in the open position is causing my issues? What else could it be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have a couple more questions regarding carburetor operation. There is a solenoid on one side of the carb that has a needle. It appears that it is energized when the ignition is in the on position. Is this a fuel shutoff valve? Is this used to shut off the engine (stops fuel going through the idle orifice).

On the other side of the carb, there is small assembly with spring and hose. What is the purpose of this assembly?

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
What brand and model engine do you have???

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
My guess is that there is a problem with either the float or float needle not stopping the flow of fuel when the engine is running. Judging from the parts breakdown you posted the link to, they don't have replacement parts available for the carburetor. You may just have to purchase a replacement carburetor and that should take care of your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess is that there is a problem with either the float or float needle not stopping the flow of fuel when the engine is running. Judging from the parts breakdown you posted the link to, they don't have replacement parts available for the carburetor. You may just have to purchase a replacement carburetor and that should take care of your problem.
Do you think it is work trying to clean it? I have to use an extractor and replace the bolts. If the float has a leak, I'm going to have to spring for a new carb.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I would try tearing it down and having a look to see if the problem is apparent and easily remedied. If any parts are needed, looks like a complete carburetor will be the answer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have these in the shop all the time and the best way to spend your time with the china stuff is to spring for a new carb.

my experence is that you need to mesure the inside of the opening to the carb that is faceing the intake of the engine and then the center of one blot hole to the other one.

then go to ebay.com and just type in the brand of the atv / sidebyside and use those mesurements to find the one that you need.

:wave::wave: i love this place

1 - 11 of 11 Posts