Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old B&W TV sitting near my track. Today I decided to finally hook it up to a digital converter box and a set of rabbit ears. Because of my location near NYC, we get pretty strong signals; enough to actually pull in all the stations even with rabbit ears (all other TVs are hooked to the roof antenna).

Had a good picture going. Then I started to run some cars. As soon as I depress the controller, the voice drops out from the TV. The picture may have also frozen (like a digital signal will do), but I was too busy watching the car to notice. When I let off the controller, the voice comes back.

I know that cars used to interfere with analog signals. Anyone been experiancing problems with digital signals recieved via antenna?

And before you suggest it, I have no desire, AT ALL, to get cable. TV programs today are bad enough without having to pay for them.

Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
452 Posts
When I turn the lights on in the room where my antenna is my volume drops out also. Overcast days seem to be the best for reception. Storms and sunshine it gets pretty sketchy for a good signal. Isn't that a long time tradition to screw up your parents TV show while racing. A right of passage. David

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
If it wasn't the slots it was the trains. I could always tell when there was something good on TV by how often mom would stomp on the floor!!! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts