Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.
I've developed a lap-counter and chronometer for Android. Now you can use it for training, because only works with one car.
Its name is Slot Car Trainer and you can download it from GooglePlay for free.
This video shows a little demostration and how to configure it:

It is compatible with any analog or digital Slot Brand.
Test it and don´t hesitate to send me any question or suggestion.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Main Features

Hello.

Theese are the main features of the application:
  • Chronometer&Lap-Counter from 1 to 12 laps (PRO: Unlimited).
  • Track Record.
  • Track Stats.
  • Race Stats (PRO).
  • Lap Detail (PRO).
  • Save/Share Track Statistics (Free: Coming soon).
  • Save/Share Full Statistics & lap details (PRO).
  • No Advertisements (PRO).
  • Lap-Time to Speech (PRO).

This video shows all PRO features:

Slot Car Trainer PRO is available at Google Play.

Regards

·
Registered
26 Posts
great little appy....thank you very much. I got the free version to try out, and see if I could get it to work on my Inspire 4G AND with HO slot cars.

It was easy to set up, and once I moved it further away from the overpass, it was 90% reliable. I think if I spend a bit more time with placement, I can get it 100%. I just laid the phone flat, next to the track was all. Didn't prop it up or anything.

So at least, it predominantly seems to work with HO scale and on an HTC Inspire 4G.

Unsure if you have tested it with HO, but I can say it does seem to work fairly well, and once I get more time I'll play around with it some more.

Fully plan to jump to the pro version after a bit more testing.

It's great for travelling. There are soon to be 3 home tracks in my town, and only one will likely have full blown timing. Be nice to get some times on the other tracks.

Thanks again so much for the great app! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello "ncdslots".

Thank you for your feedback with HO scale. I have tested only with my "home" 1:32 track.

Please, can you confirm me wich scale is it? I saw (wikipedia :)) that commonly is 1:64. In a future version I can add this scale for the statistics screen (currently only 1:24, 1:32 and 1:43 are supported).

About reliability, you can try with decreasing sensitivity when the phone is further away.

Let me know if you have any problem or issue.

Thanks again.

Bye.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll be the guinea pig for sure! :thumbsup:

I'll be doing some more testing within a day or so.

Commonly HO scale in modern slot car terms, is actually cars that are more like S scale(1/64), where like original Tjets are more true to HO 1/87 scale.

I'll report back my findings! Thanks again.

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
original t-jets are about 1/76 scale.
there are only four 1/87 scale slot cars available from TOMY.
ever.

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
there are two 1/87 sets released only in Japan and each had two cars. I have seen ONE set about three years ago and regret not buying it.
I don't recall the cars.
they were scaled properly and proportionately and looked pretty darn good.
even the short lived Micro Machines slot sets weren't actually scaled to any one specific scale.
as a guide, buy a prop car or truck made for display on an HO (1/87) train platform. not a slot car. a scale prop for a diorama or street scene. maybe even buy a dump truck or something of that size and see how it is dwarfed by even the smallest vibrator or Atlas or TYCO S or lionel or marx slot cars.
yes, I know some of the early slot sets even said 1/87 on the box, but that doesn't make it true.
maybe even simpler, if you have an HO train open flat bed train car, place any of the smallest slot cars you have on one and compare how one should look.
a rail car in 1/1 is EXACTLY as wide as a trailer from an 18 wheeler and most 1/1 cars could easily fit INSIDE a trailer from an 18 wheeler.
nuff said.
LOL
if I find a TOMY 1/87 set ever again , I'm gonna try to buy it.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Just for comparison sake, here's a true 1/87 VW bus next to a Dash...

There is a slight size discrepancy between choo choo HO and our HO, not that it matters to me. I've been using die cast with my trains since I was a kid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello All.

Thank you for your replies.

I never thought there were so tiny circuits... I'm an "uncultivated" slotter :lol:.

In the next release of the application I'm going to provide 1:64, 1:76 and 1:87 options in the "Menu - Race" screen. I'll add yards/mph support too.

Regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello All.

I'm adding the support for HO scale and yards/mph too (for the statistics screen).

In "Menu - Race", there is a label "Track length in meters (1.234 = 1m 23,4cm)"

Please, can you confirm me the correct form of this text when yards are used?

Thank you very mutch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Version "1.3" available.

Hello.
I've finished the new "1.3" version. It's available at Google Play.
It contains most of the received request (rest will be available in future releases):
  • Improved stats to Excel(tm) {PRO}
  • Stats after race aborted
  • Stats: Car and driver {PRO}
  • Yards and mph
  • HO scale (and others)
  • Correction of bugs and texts
  • LapTime-to-speech Formats {PRO}
  • Text Zoom.
  • Android 4 Action Bar
Don't hesitate to ask me for any doubt/problem you may have.
Best Regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Version 1.4 Released

Hello.

A new release of "Slot Car Trainer" is available since last weekend.

I've added a new game mode ("drag") for acceleration races at straight line tracks.

Other new features are:
1) Fixed bug in Android 4.0.x (the "?" character appeared after zoom-in/zoom-out).
2) More acute sound after fastest lap.
3) State of "LapTime-to-Speech" is saved.

I expect you enjoy it.

You can download it from Google Play.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Versión 2.0 Released

Hello.

The new release of Slot Car Trainer is here!!

I needed more time than I thought, but, two month after, the new "Two Terminals" mode is available.
1) "Sectors" Mode: Divide your circuit into two parts and check the times you do in each one.
2) "Race" Mode: You can finally compete against another car. At the end of the race each driver will be able to check its statistics.
3) "Drag" Mode with reaction time: How long it takes to react from the green light?

In addition, the new version includes:
1) "Fastest Lap" Sound is more differentiated.
2) Welcome Screen retouched.
3) Solved received errors.

I expect you enjoy it.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Release 2.0.2 available

Hello.

Just uploaded to Google Play the new release (v. 2.0.2) of "Slot Car Trainer". In few hours they will made it available.
Includes these improvements:
  1. Fixed all received bugs.
  2. Graphical improvements in the main screen.
  3. Race between two cars ends when the last car finishes.
  4. The first lap timing "poltergeist" has been "hunted".
  5. Rally Mode: Chronometer starts after the first pass (in place of starting after the green light).
In this video you can see the "Race Mode" (2.0.1 version) in action. I'll upload videos for all modes as soon as possible (i didn't record them yet :))

I expect you like it.

Best Regards.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts