Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, here's a quick run-down on the results, with a full report to follow soon after!

Placing Team Laps Avg.
1 Tom M., Jeremy 1865 116.56
2 JT, Rollin 1839 114.94
3 Buddy, Austin, Bob 1695 105.94
4 Rick, Darin, Josh 1646 102.88
5 Doug, Wes 1629 101.81
6 Dave 1613 100.81
7 John P., Pinky, Johnny B. 1554 97.13
8 Cap, Kyle 1523 95.19
9 Erik S., Tom S. 851 53.19

Dave managed to run the entire race by himself after his partner was unable to show up, and Erik ran 15 of 16 heats as Tom S. had some health issues. There were a handful of motor failures, including Cap and Kyle, and Erik and Tom S. had their car suffer irreversible damage in the early going that eventually forced Erik to pull it as a DNF.

Congrats to Kyle for turning a pretty consistent race in what I believe is his first 1/24 race!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a selection of photos taken during the race. Sorry they took so long to get up, I tried doing it last night and my image card went on the fritz again, which caused it to have problems reading the images. I spent all night last night getting the images back, and unfortunately they aren't as high a quality as the originals (which were a pretty high resolution). I think you'll agree that they still look just fine!

Assorted views of our three race bodies prior to running them, on our work desk (well, one of the work desks, anyway). I'll get a shot of the Bentlee that made the cut later, so you can see it post-race.

Pre-race drivers chatting

More drivers chatting pre-race

Our pit area pre-race (to complete the view of people's prepping for the race)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to break up the images!

The cars during inspection (sorry guys, not enough detail to get useful information spying on other cars!)

Cars lined up for inspection

All of the cars layed out. In order, L to R: Wes and Doug; Tom S. and Erik; Rick, Darin, and Josh; Dave; Tom M. and Jeremy; Rollin and JT; Buddy, Austin, and Bob; Cap and Kyle; and in the front, John P. Johnny B., and Pinky.

The opening line-up

Mid-race action!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Our pit area post race... note the level of Mountain Dew, the number of discarded wheels, and the soldering iron ready to go

1st Place - Tom M., Jeremy

2nd Place - Rollin, JT

3rd Place - Bob, Buddy, Austin (in the middle)

Doug and Wes proudly displaying their "I Survived!" plaque and their beat-up Mercedes

Racers relax after the race

·
Registered
401 Posts
The full Race Report will be in Scale Auto Racing News No. 219. I just received the conformation from John Ford.
Everyone check it out, and read the whole Magazine, it's a Great publication suporting Slot Car Racing.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost like they work at the place or something. Uncanny...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts