Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I stumbled upon this web site and I think I hit the jackpot as I need some help. I am an RC guy so slot cars are not my click. I made a trade for some RC stuff a while back and in the deal I acquired a large amount of slot car tracks and parts. I want to sell them but have not clue what to list them for. I made a list below and was hopping if you guys would give me an idea what to ask for. All the items listed are new in the package. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

AFX straight track 9” (x1 packages)
AFX straight track 6” (x5 packages)
AFX curve track 12” x 1/8” (x6 packages)
AFX curve track 9” x 1/4” (x6 packages)
AFX curve track 6” x 1/8” (1 packages)
AFX criss cross tack 9” (1 packages)
AFX squeeze track 9” (x3 packages)
AFX terminal track 15” (x2 packages)
AFX curve track 9” x 1/8” (x2 packages)
AFX controllers (x2 packages))
American Line G Plus Chassis (x2 packages))
American Line G Plus hop up crown gear and pinion gear (#XP402) (x2 packages))
Life Like guide pins (#XP901) (x5 packages))
Magnatraction guide pins (XP501) (x3 packages))
Marchon guide pins (#XP801) (x12 packages))
Marchon crown and pinion gear (#XP802) (x6 packages))
Sport Scalextric side clips (x2 packages))
Tomy guide pins (#XP301) (x2 packages))
Tomy and old Aurour delrin hubs (x5 packages))
Tyco curve track 12” x 1/8” (x5 packages))
Tyco hp7 guide pins (#XP201) (x8 packages))
Tyco 4-40 guide pins (XP101) (x2 packages))
Tyco 4-40 bulkhead (x1 packages))

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
To be honest here, you really didn't hit the jackpot, I hope you didn't pay too much for all of it....

The track you'll probably have to almost give away as there is a TON of it out there, just be sure you charge enough for the shipping. For the rest of it, I would suggest you look at what folks are charging on places like Lucky Bobs and Buds HO and Jag Hobbies, but honestly, don't expect to get rich off of what you have there, those items will sell from $1.00 to maybe 4 or 5 depending on the item....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest here, you really didn't hit the jackpot, I hope you didn't pay too much for all of it....

The track you'll probably have to almost give away as there is a TON of it out there, just be sure you charge enough for the shipping. For the rest of it, I would suggest you look at what folks are charging on places like Lucky Bobs and Buds HO and Jag Hobbies, but honestly, don't expect to get rich off of what you have there, those items will sell from $1.00 to maybe 4 or 5 depending on the item....
Marty,

Thanks for the help. I am not trying to get rich but rather just move them. I want $100 for the whole lot, is that too much to ask?

Cheers
Hosam

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Marty,

Thanks for the help. I am not trying to get rich but rather just move them. I want $100 for the whole lot, is that too much to ask?

Cheers
Hosam
I personally think that's on the high side, but that's the great thing about ebay.... Take about 20 pictures form different angles, give it a really nice write up and you never know. :)

Just giving you a hard time of course, but I wouldn't give you much more than half that for the lot of it myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marty, thanks for the help man and even the hard time...LOL... I guess they will be off to flebay then... look for them next week sometime...

Thanks again

Cheers
Hosam

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mean Marty strikes again!!

hosam,
Congrats on calling Marty's bluff and putting the stuff out on eBay. Most guys read Marty's low ball appraisals of their items they have for sale and send them off to him for less than half of what they are worth. He has a huge collection of parts from unsuspecting guys on this forum who don't know any better. The good news he doesn't have a clue what to do with these parts so all of his cars are c***!

So says the guy who finished last, WAY behind Marty, in our g-jet race this past weekend. So obviously I have an Ax to grind. :)

(My real complaint is Marty is 15 years younger, better looking and makes more money than I do. He's taller too, the bas****) (love you man)

Later, The slow and going larger scale Rockinator

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
hosam,
Congrats on calling Marty's bluff and putting the stuff out on eBay. Most guys read Marty's low ball appraisals of their items they have for sale and send them off to him for less than half of what they are worth. He has a huge collection of parts from unsuspecting guys on this forum who don't know any better. The good news he doesn't have a clue what to do with these parts so all of his cars are c***!

So says the guy who finished last, WAY behind Marty, in our g-jet race this past weekend. So obviously I have an Ax to grind. :)

(My real complaint is Marty is 15 years younger, better looking and makes more money than I do. He's taller too, the bas****) (love you man)

Later, The slow and going larger scale Rockinator
WOW!!! I really feel the love Dave! :) If I had really wanted his stuff I would have said $25 and made an offer already. ;) LOL

Don't listen to the Rockinator, he's old, short and bitter.... :) And good luck on the 'bay bud, hope you get what you're looking for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts