Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for someone in the Hong Kong/Asia area so they can source me some pens! Sounds a bit odd, but the best pen i have used is a uni-ball um151 rollerball that has a 0.38mm tip.
I have tried many other fine tipped pens like 0.4mm etc from Pilot but none compare to the quality of the uni-ball pens. Having contacted the UK office they said that they dont import them to the UK! So, in order to get my best pen i have to somehow get them shipped to the uk from somewhere. Since the pens I had came from Hong Kong I can assume that these fine tipped pens [0.38mm and now a new 0.28mm version] are readily available over there.

So, anyone on the area, fancy sending me a few pens? :)

http://uni-ball.hbi.ne.jp/catalog/show/product.php?no=14

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check with a calligraphy supply place. They might have what you are looking for. I occasionally use an ultrafine pen for filling in dark windows on starship models. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have looked everywhere in the UK and cannot find these pens. I guess I'm being picky, but this is a pen I have used before so I know what they are like. Most pens state something like "0.5mm pen that draws a 0.2mm line" etc and thats rubbish. The uni-ball pen is actually half decent and draws a very thin line while still being a rollerball. [dont need a fible tipped pen, have plenty of those nice 0.1 and smaller mm ones ;) ]

·
Registered
785 Posts
OK. I have found a place that sells them.

Both the 0.28 and your original 0.38.

0.28 - 8 colour pack: red / pink / light green / turquoise (?) / purple / dark blue / even darker blue / black. HKD $64 You can also buy them separately for HKD $8 per pen.

The 0.38 that you were originally after, do not come in a pack like the ones above, but separately for HKD $8 per pen, or they come in small boxes of 12 per box (same price at $8 per pen = $96). If you buy 10 small boxes, therefore 120 pens, you will get a massive discount of 50c off per pen, therefore instead of paying HKD $960, you'll pay HKD $900 for 120 of them. They told me that you can get all the one colour or mix them up. The colours they had for the 0.38 are orange / pink / purple / orange / green / black / red / blue. (orange twice there for some reason... sorry!)

I am flying to LHR this Tuesday the 14th, arriving 15th. I stay at a hotel close to the Heathrow, but I often travel up to Bishops Stortford (Stanstead area) to visit my brother. If you don't get back to me in time, don't worry, I fly there a fair bit, unless you want me to pay for shipping them from here. (Can also send from Frankfurt or Paris if you’re not in the UK)

Now, as for the Sterling amount, unfortunately for you, the pound has gotten weaker recently and the exchange rate I just off my bank web site is 13.88. So all those figures I've given you, you'll need to divide by 13.88 to get a pound amount (and to think, about a week ago it was around 14.5!)

Let me know if you want any "you loyal Uni-ball pen freak you"!

Cheers! :hat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts