Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking into getting an oval car. I have no clue about anything oval. I'm looking at these chassis and which type works best for what surface? I plan on running on a flat, carpet oval. Would a slider or solid work better for this type of track or is it just personal preference? Thanks -Ky

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've allways like the slider chassis for flat carpet ovals and the soild chassis for flat asphalt racing. :thumbsup:

Along with four scales its a wining combo! ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
hey Ky, you can't run a pan car on an off-road track !!!!!!!! just kidding, you'll get a zillion different answers on this one, i'd say any car will do good on any track on any given day, if your looking for a complete car your big 3 are KSG, Hyperdrive, and Custom Works, if you want a conversion i'd get a Leading Edge, i know of a great shop that's getting ready to open soon too ................. keep in touch, Brad.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
generally a slider seems to work better on carpet... they seem to turn more.. However you can make any car solid or slider plenty fast.. Both have won the top races on all surfaces..

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just bought a darkside solid version and it ran really well the first time out. Hoyt USA is right any car will perform good if you have the right set up on it. I would check out the track where you will be racing and see what everyone else is running, and go from there.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Joey 3 Gave you the best advice so far, I found out the hard (expensive) way when I first started. See what they run and what they stock parts for at the track you plan on racing at, you will get more set up help and have parts available when you need them. My .02 Ralf

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ky, sure will, hopefully we will be ordering in a week or so, i'll get in touch with you as soon as i can get one for you, thanks, Brad.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I've found a solid chassis is much easier to set up than a slider,either one can be made to work it's just a matter of how much work you want to do,generally the carpet guys like the sliders but a solid is just as fast.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Ky,
You should have talked to me at the C about it last weekend dude. Both a slider and a solid work fine. My first choice is a solid chassis. They tend to flex a little more which makes it easier to set up. I know you asked me about Steel City....Are you going to check it out this weekend? There will be some fast guys there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jamie, I'm debating about going. I have finals all next week and I need to study, but Steel City is only 45 mins away. If I do come it'll be on Saturday. If nothing else, I'll pick your brain about oval stuff the next time I'm at the "C" with ya :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The only slider that I know of that's stiffer then it's counterpart from the same MFG is the Custom works due to using different Graphite. The other companies out there, if they have a solid and a slider the solid is stiffer.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
The only slider that I know of that's stiffer then it's counterpart from the same MFG is the Custom works due to using different Graphite. The other companies out there, if they have a solid and a slider the solid is stiffer.
Ditto......

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
Sorry for that. I should have specified. With some car companies the sliders are stiffer than a solid. In my case, this has been true. The slider brace adds a little extra and kept the flex down. I can not speak for Hyperdrive, KSG, Custom works, or any other MFG. As, I have not had a chance to drive any one of those chassis.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts