Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of four shocks that is a aluminum shock body with threads and locking adjustment nuts to fit my slash. would the SC10'S or BLITZ shocks work? or is there a good after market set sold any where.i would like to get away from the spacers that come on the stock slash shocks.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Get the Traxxas aluminum big bore shocks specifically made for the Slash. What do you need threaded adjustable knobs for? Theres no reason to be adjusting your shocks every time you race a heat or a main. I have the same spacers on my stock shocks. Never make any adjustments. I have 6 wins in 2009 to my credit. Im not a fan of the threaded adjusters. Ever try to make an adjustments when they get a piece of sand or grit in them? Or try to reach in and around things to hopefully get a good enough grip to even turn them? Forget it. You can make a much quicker and exact adjustment with spacers. Ever adjust shocks to different settings side to side. Your truck will be rotating in the air. That wont happen with spacers. Same adjustment every time. But, as with anything, its all what you prefer. Just my opinion. Traxxas aluminum big bores are good shocks for the Slash. Lastly, do you race or bash?

·
Registered
243 Posts
well said, and agreed. I have both types of shocks. I yet to use all the threads on a shock body. the amount of threads I do use is about the amount a pre load spacer takes. threaded shocks are borderline overkill.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
traxxas big bore shocks have been orderd just waiting for them to show up thanks for your input guys
Nice purchase. You will like them and they will provide you with good service and life. But just like all shocks, if you dont clean the grit off the shaft routinely the grit work its way into your seals and they will leak. Keep'em clean. Theyll last a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts