Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to go LiPo on my Slash and have a few questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

1.) I plan on racing Spec Class, so no speedo changes, etc. Is there a LiPo cutoff that works with the Blue Stock Slash speed control?

2.) What "C" rating is good for the Slash? I'm looking at a 5000 mAh 20C pack. Do I need a higher C rating?

I've never run LiPo before, so I really don't have a clue about any of this stuff. Been a nitro guy for quite a while, but wanting to try some electric. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have a 5000 35c and it works great.
I think ya might want to go with a higher c rating than 20.
30-40 would be what i'd bye.
dont need a lipo cut off.
I've never put one on mine and i run the stock speedo.
it doesnt go down far enuff to hert the batt.

·
Banned
2,137 Posts
your ok with the 5000 20c it is more forgiving out of the hole than what a 30c or higher would be ok
i have run a 2400 20c and have beaten Mr jblaze but and all and all its up to the driver
as for the lipo cut off if your racing on a track you don't need to worry about the cut off you will have plenty of battery left if your bashing at home or some where then yes to the cut off i personally don't run one but im cheep lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I really needed to get another class. I missed all the big nitro races at your place this year, but I would have made every single one of the Electric races. And the Slash was a blast. Gonna try to make it once more on Friday night, October 2nd. Are you having a dirt oval/slash race if weather permits?

Ended up getting a Tenergy 20C 5000 mAh and Hyperion Charger.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Yeah, I really needed to get another class. I missed all the big nitro races at your place this year, but I would have made every single one of the Electric races. And the Slash was a blast. Gonna try to make it once more on Friday night, October 2nd. Are you having a dirt oval/slash race if weather permits?

Ended up getting a Tenergy 20C 5000 mAh and Hyperion Charger.
u b good to go!!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
1.) I plan on racing Spec Class,
If you are running a spec class, chances are there will be limits on batteries. Find out what battts are allowed before you buy so you dont get stuck. I run 32C 5000ma. Just like the others say, watch your run times. The only thing I know of right now is Maxamps makes a buzzer attachment that goes off at low volatage. No one makes a compatable cut off as of now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help everyone.

I charged the Lipo and the final voltage was 8.199. I ran it for 10 minutes and the pack voltage said 7.677 Volts when I put it on the charger to top it back off. Everything i've read says don't go below 3.2V per cell, or 6.4V in my case. I assume these discharge linearly, so then I should be able to get 20 minutes pretty easy then, correct? Sorry if these are elementary questions, but I don't wanna burn up a brand new battery (or my garage!!)

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
20 should be OK but not because they discharge linearly based on resting voltage which is what you measured).

Also, a fully charged LiPo should be 8.4V not 8.2V.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts