Hobbyist Forums banner

Skyhook's Futurama Planet Express

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  El Gato 
#1 ·
Skyhook has the Planet Express available again. Pretty sweet kit, it's very nicely cast with a cool planet base.

Two minor quibbles, the ship looks a little too skinny to me, and the box suggested colors don't look quite right either. Still, it's a must have for Futurama fans!

See less See more
#3 ·
If you check the show, the "real" Planet Express is wider at the front and tapers toward the rear. The lil' Planet Express from Moore Collectables is closer imho.

But the Skyhook is still a nice kit. Love the paint job on yours!(as usual).

#17 · (Edited)
Here's mine so far with the parts fitted together, I'm pretty happy with the basecoat, I brightened Apple Barrel Acrylics "Spring Green" with some "Titanium White" and shot it thru the airbrush. The darker green is some Testor's "Beret Green" darkened with a smidge of black. I think it looks pretty close to the ship's color on my TV. The red stripe is MM's "Guard Red" and the grey is Rustoleum "Light Grey Primer" brightened with a little white.

#19 ·
I was distracted for awhile by my Silent Running drone, I had to drag this back out and finished it this weekend.

I'm pretty happy with the paint job, I think mine's a lot more accurate than the build-up on the box, which looks too bluish to me.

#25 ·
#26 ·
PerfesserCoffee said:
Very impressive job on the Futurama ship, PM! :thumbsup:
Why thank you Perfesser, obviously you had a change of heart and are reaching out an olive branch after our earlier discussion. It takes a big man to admit he's wrong, and in the same spirit, I forgive you for the things you said about Steve, Dan, and I here:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=146524&page=2

Now we can all get back to modeling:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.