Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Czech models has released a kit of the Cessna T-50 that Skyking Flew.

Good thing I didn't get the Piper Cup Floatplane yet.

Steve

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yes, I certainly remember that show. But I don't recall seeing any of the earlier episodes with the T-50. The Songbird I remember is the sleek Cessna 310B. According to Wikipedia:

The best-known Songbird was a twin-engine Cessna 310B. The airplane used was the second production 310B (N5438A), which was provided by Cessna at no cost to the producers and piloted by Cessna's national sales manager for the 310, Bill Fergusson. Fergusson got the job after the motion picture pilot already selected was deemed unqualified to land the airplane at some of the off-airport sites required. . . The original 310B was eventually destroyed in a 1962 crash at Delano, California, that killed its owner-pilot.

Now, that is one beautiful hunk of airplane.

Good thing I didn't get the Piper Cup Floatplane yet.
Piper CUP??

So, THAT's what a Scotsman wears under his kilt!
[IMG-LEFT]http://www.angrypiper.com/bagpiper.jpg[/IMG-LEFT]

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aye, me cup/cub runneth over.

The kit looks like it would be worth the dough...lots of detail parts,

But hey,if you gotta save your money for the Ghost and such.

I'd rather have the 310 but for now this will work just fine.

Steve

·
Oxidation Genius
31,371 Posts
Man, I thought that was a gorgeous airplane back then!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The kit is realy nice. Its not "easy" you get plastic parts just for the main fusilage, wings, tail. Most of the interior is photo etch. The engines and other small parts are resin... Lots of decals for several planes in additon to The Songbird...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,371 Posts
Yeah, Czech Models are not for the faint of heart. I've ended up throwing one or two out in frustration.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Sadly their Grumman Goose was a POS. The new F-80 is quite nice except the cockpit is largely bogus. The Brewster F2 is good but the instructions are awful. But the rebox from Special Hobby(?) if you don't have to have the versioion in the CM box.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,371 Posts
Eduard makes a gorgeous 1/48 Bf-108. It's Hasegawa-quality, so if Czech Models makes one, just skip it.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The Eduard kit is sweet. I think they have it out now in one of their cheap "weekend edition" versions. If you don't know the Weekend kits, Eduard takes one of their newer kits thats been out a little while, gives it a new set of decals, and removes any photo-etch or frilly stuff... all for a very low price. Nice basick OOTB builds if you aren't into all the extra details. If you do want the extra stuff they still have their regular issue or Profi-Pack versions.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The pre colored stuff is interesting. I like it for the instrument panel. A big problem (to/for me) at least is that sometimes the colors Eduard uses are bogus compared to the real plane. I have thier Focke Wulf 190 color etch set for the Eduard FW fighter, and the real airplane has an RLM 66 Black Grey cockpit. However, Eduard made the various colored panels a funny shade like USN Blue-Grey. Same for the set for the Trumpeter F-100 in 1/32... the real pit was grey (Gull Grey?) but the Eduard pre colored stuff is very very very blue.

So you are stuck... use the pre colored stuff which is very clean and neat but the wrong color and inaccurate, or paint it yourself...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But, all that detail, the little dials...knobs...stencils....MMMmmmm...detail I didn't have to paint...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts