Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if someone, let's say an absent-minded modeler such as myself were to misplace the entire cockpit assembly for the FineMolds TIE? Would the finished kit be passable as a TIE upon completion?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this person could, hypothetically tint the windows even black them out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not that I could imagine such a dastardly fate befalling a fellow modeler, but, if, per se, then yes, a very dark tint or total blackout just might be plausible.

That is, if one were to speculate of course.

:dude:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What about this....Order yourself another one to build complete. Make a new base, to display both of them on. Take the one you have with the missing cockpit, and make it a battle damaged one, like it just got massively hit. Do more damage to the center hull area, damage one of the solar arrays maybe as well, have it in some awkward position on the base like it's spinning wildly out of control into space...? Use some fine guitar string to attach some pieces flying off it with. (they will actually "wiggle" with just the slightest vibration. I've done this...) I know it's an expensive little kit to kill, but you could save it and still do something productive as well!

How the hell did you loose the cockpit? LOL!! It IS small.....Time to clean off your work area! (hey, it might turn up!) If you have a cat or dog, check the litter box or in the back yard..:tongue:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, I've got a mind like a steel trap. Old and rusty and you'd sooner chew off your own leg than to be stuck inside another second. You get in here - there's no escape.

It was being painted and I put in aside on the kitchen counter and just forgot to collect it again. I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts