Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a chassis & body from rc maddness, had alot of pan car parts layin' around so I put the thing together but don't have much carpet oval expierence. Any tips on getting the thing to roll through the corners without scrubbin' off to much speed?

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
rick look at the thread rkr racing products under product support and contact jonnycash, I assume you have the solid chassis if you bought it at rcmadness. he holds the record and is always realy fast with that car. or stop by on a sat night

4,990 Posts
Rick,

Chad (and other SK owners/drivers) are at the track (K&N)
Mondays 5-10
Thursdays 5-10
Fridays 12-11
Sat 12-5
Sundays 9-5.

He said come by he will gladly hook you up with some help. If you need info/directions, call us ..... Just an FYI - this Saturday is a big race, so its not the best time to come see Chad for set-up help; although we'd love to have you at the event - if you want to come!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the invitations from you all to show up at K&N but I live in Ohio. The s k car hasn't really caught on yet but i'm hoping to get a head start.Thanx for the thread info i'll check it out tonite.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well, I just got an SK also,and hopefully, I can get the class going here in Western NY and help it spread to Ohio.

4,990 Posts
Rick Harvey said:
Thanx for the invitations from you all to show up at K&N but I live in Ohio. The s k car hasn't really caught on yet but i'm hoping to get a head start.Thanx for the thread info i'll check it out tonite.

Oh... I assumed by you saying you got it at Madness that you were local! Ohhhhh well that would be some crazy commute just to get the thing going! Its 9.5 hours from Akron to K&N (so we were told from some people attending the Winterblast this year)...lol

Well if you want help via phone ... call us! lol

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Danielle said:
Oh... I assumed by you saying you got it at Madness that you were local! Ohhhhh well that would be some crazy commute just to get the thing going! Its 9.5 hours from Akron to K&N (so we were told from some people attending the Winterblast this year)...lol

Well if you want help via phone ... call us! lol
Isn't cool he drove from Ohio to Madness, just to buy an SK car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to robertw321,Freddies Hobbies, Ravenna. I'm not a regular there yet & haven't raced for awhile so I'm sort of down on the in's & out's of carpet racing.As far as I know there is one other sk out there but have not seen it run yet. Thanx for your interest rick harvey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
to Madball, OF COURSE I drove madness( or was driven by madness) to buy that sk car. (I'm not sure which though,).

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Check out the new Spec oval racing forum ---------

As far as set up , keep that left front planted as much as possible and run the rear as loose as you can handle , sounds simple but if you keep playing with it , you'll beat everyone thru the corners.

Run ceramic diff balls and keep that diff as loose as possible

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Rick Harvey said:
to robertw321,Freddies Hobbies, Ravenna. I'm not a regular there yet & haven't raced for awhile so I'm sort of down on the in's & out's of carpet racing.As far as I know there is one other sk out there but have not seen it run yet. Thanx for your interest rick harvey.
Rick,

That's where I race. :wave: Are you related to Tom? Any way I have a Beefy Avenger that I'm putting together. Hope to have it out by next weekend.

Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
to Bob Williams,Tom's my son & Eric Miller is my nephew. Toms got me started in the right direction (I think). My car is nearly complete,a little more obligatory Dremel work and I can throw the eletronics in it & I'mready to rock & roll. Thanx to NCRFC for the tip,I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
to robertw321,I may be mistaken but I thought I read a statement by you that the Tamiya Mini Cooper is the new (Legends)oval car? I bought one and it's ready to go.The on road class at Freddies dried up before I got to race it.Might see you this weekend at the track. Thanx .....rick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts