Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Playing Mantis only made them for a short time due t copyright issues, but do the Playing Mantis sizzlers work with the hotwheels chargers? I have a hot wheels set, and bought a PM sizzler today (decent deal i think, $3), I will open it if I can use it, but othewise I want to keep it in pacakage. THanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
You would only burn up a $3 car. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Using the same kind of batteries to charge it with. But I could be wrong.

Let's let Ron try it first.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I don't know the exact answer, but it has to come down to the battery voltages. If they both use the same voltage and the charger connector fits then it should work, otherwise there's problems. A secondary issue could be the charger's current that could charge the batteries faster than optimum for the battery type and could effect the battery's life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The difference is the battery in the car. It is what they call a "dump charge" battery. You can charge it with the Juice Machines. I do all the time. I have about 3 that are currently running. As with any sizzler they get corroded very quiclkly and I need to clean up a couple others I have. They aren't as fast as the new or old HW sizzlers but they run longer and can be charged longer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a blue Firebird cop car that I am using with the hot wheels charger. It was new out of package and my other JL sizzlers didn't work because their batteries had exploded. My firebirds battery says: 18AAK 1.2v 180mAH Ni-Cd. Don't know what the hot wheels battery says. Don't know if that helps but like i said I can use JL sizzlers with the hot wheels charger.

Also you could look here for help:

http://p083.ezboard.com/Sizzlers-TJ...s-Trains-and-Play-Sets/fjoesdiecastshackfrm95

1 - 7 of 7 Posts