Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I see that Mattel has reissued Sizzlers(may favorite toy as a kid in the 70's) My question is are they as good as they were? Do they stay on the track? Is the fat track and curves the same stuff? I bought the Playing Mantis stuff in the mid 90's and was very disappointed in the performance.Cars always spinning out turning in the wrong direction etc. I seem to remember the old sizzlers never doing that. I had the "California 500" set with the lap counter and scramble start...does Mattel plan to bring that back. I am very tempted to buy the "BIG O" layout" And some cars but am hesitent after the playing Mantis fiasco.

Any thoughts would be great.
Thanks Jack

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hey there Jack. I have not played with the new one but also remember them being alot of fun.
I am a member of the Space City Hot Wheels Club here in Houston and it just so happens that we are having a local meeting with Sizzlers races tomorrow, 9/16. Some of the guys in the meeting are way into these things and I have heard mostly good stuff about them. About the only negative I have heard is the length the battery will hold charge. They tell me the old Sizzlers run much longer than the new ones. Less drag, different motor draw, who knows. I will have more info tomorrow and let you know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I look forward to your report :thumbsup:

Also,I wonder where all the yellow Cudas went...all I ever see after restock, are the red Spoil Sport,blue Angelino and green bugeye(?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 96 that would be great. Yes I remember they would run for what seemed a long time. My Dad loved them and we would have 4 cars going at once.I swear it was like they had little drivers in there.the drafting was so real. Please get as much info as you can!
Thanks again

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've got 3 cars,filling station charger and track and there awesome.
On a full charge the cars will run for around 10 minutes and they fly around the track.
The track pieces are kinda cheesy the way they snap together and most of the time when the cars spin out,they have enough power to recover and take of the oppisit direction. The cars do draft each other and when a faster car comes up behind a slower car ,the faster car will bump draft the one in front of it and pass it and sometimes cause the slower car to spin out.
I really like them. Been thinking about buying another track to combine with the one I already have to make a bigger track.The Cudas where hard to find when the cars first came out but now I see them everywhere.
By the way,from everything I've read posted on them,the Cudas the slowest car out there.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I "broke" down today and bought the fat track.
Feeling kinda guilty,I went to another Target and what lay before me?
Sizzlers,I didn't have.

69 Pontiac Firebird T/A
70 Camaro T/A
67 Ford Mark IV
70 Plmouth Cuda T/A (I know,it's been released...but I never got it.)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302(This was my favorite as a kid)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I almost bought the oval track today. Target has all of the Sizzlers items on sale. I was going to buy it for the kids for Christmas but realized I was really buying it for myself!

I was looking at the box and was worried about the workmanship and whether or not the cars worked well so I thought I'd check here for info. Anyone have any new experiences to add?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bought these 7 sizzlers for my collection. Didn't find the cuda. My question is:
I have heard that these engine battries go bad over time and destroy the cars. If I keep mine unopened and never use them is this going to happen to me?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts