Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to get some wire that will work with the PHILIPS LED Xmas lights i plan on using on my next PL350,i have heard 26 would work,thinking about thickness for routing the wire besides handling the lights. suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
903 Posts
For a series string of leds, 26 guage is plenty. Just make sure that it is stranded, not single-conductor.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I want do the same thing with the philips led xmas lights and the 26 guage stranded wire. How many leds can I put in a series before I need a resistors?

·
Registered
903 Posts
You ALWAYS need a resistor, one per string. How many leds can you put in a string? Divide the supply voltage by (number of leds times voltage per led). The absolute maximum number of leds is that number after you throw away any fractions left over. (Isn't a verbal description of mathematics fun?) The voltage per led is 3.5 for blue and white and 1.75 for everything else. The resistor controls the amount of current flowing through the led(s). If the resistor is too low (or not there at all) it will reduce the life of the led and even destroy it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
(staring blankly at the screen) :confused:

For those of us that are electronically challanged, "What did he just say?"

Details man I need details.

I would like to do all this myself but lack the knowledge of what supplies I need.

Does anyone out there have a detailed blue print like plan to accomplish this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts