Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil, so do you know what sintering does to the rotor? Are you ready for carpet?
Looks like we won't be racing this winter. Not enought people to setup the track. So we may have to follow you around the track someplace else.
John

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
More than you really wanted to know....

JSchoenauer said:
Looks like I am behind the timea again. What are they and who makes them?
Thanks John Schoenauer
Here is what Novak has to say about their sintered (neodymium, magetic) rotors:

Low turns and an exclusively designed Nickel-plated Sintered Neodymium rotor make the 3.5R system the fastest Velociti Brushless System. The new high-performance rotor is different from the original Velociti rotor, and provides many benefits including:

Significantly increased magnetic strength
Improved, stronger motor braking power
Improved performance in higher temperature conditions
Improved motor acceleration and power
Higher efficiency
Lower current draw
Nickel-plated for a long lasting, smooth, clean finish
----

Then I Googled this--will probably tell you way more than you ever wanted to know....

http://www.eamagnetics.com/info_sintered_neodymium_process01.asp

http://www.eamagnetics.com/info_sintered_neodymium.asp

PS--this is just for information and is not the company that mfgs Novak's sintered rotors.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Just a FYI on the sintered rotors: They are smaller in diameter than the bonded ones that come in the 4.5 and up motors. But they are still supposed to be stronger, according to the Novak tech I talked to.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hello John, looks like you got the 411 on the rotor!

Hitting the rug today, ready or not. Too bad about the track, hope you can make it to more races.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ive got one in my greasy palms right now. I heard they run 30 degrees cooler.Cooler means faster. going in my 4300 Rock on

·
Registered
331 Posts
NovakTwo said:
Here is what Novak has to say about their sintered (neodymium, magetic) rotors:

----

Then I Googled this--will probably tell you way more than you ever wanted to know....

http://www.eamagnetics.com/info_sintered_neodymium_process01.asp

http://www.eamagnetics.com/info_sintered_neodymium.asp

PS--this is just for information and is not the company that mfgs Novak's sintered rotors.
So would their be a benefit in a 13.5 novak as well?
Being the gearing recommedation from Novak is temp based, would the rotor help to gear taller? :confused:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the end bell will need to be switch to the velociti end bell for the sintered rotor to work. But since some local tracks are going to be allowing these motors in the stock class's lets not get them thrown out by making them illegal.

BTW I have a sintered rotor in my 7.5 that I run in mod and its sweet. Low temps insane torqe.

·
Registered
331 Posts
trashedmaxx said:
I'm pretty sure that the end bell will need to be switch to the velociti end bell for the sintered rotor to work. But since some local tracks are going to be allowing these motors in the stock class's lets not get them thrown out by making them illegal.

BTW I have a sintered rotor in my 7.5 that I run in mod and its sweet. Low temps insane torqe.
If your running a 13.5 with the old style SS endbell then you need to contact Novak's tech dept. Their specs on their add page claim the larger bearing that is in the velociti motors. I contacted them and received the upgrade kit and received it today, no charge. They told me that the first batch of 30 or so motors went out with the ss endbells by mistake. Be Blessed, :wave:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I finally run my 4300 with the sintered arm in it. I ran it in the main, got hit in the front wheel and bent my axle. Wasnt a good test. Today i fired it up and set it down, it wouldnt move. thought my diff was smoked. After further investigation, the sintered arm came apart. They must be a pressed fit, the magnet spins freely on the shaft. Im going to contact novak monday. Has anyone seen this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts