Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have 5 Brushless Systems All 4300 Ss-plus.we Tried A Sinterd Rotor Last Week It Run Ok This Week We Moved The Timing Around And Now With 2 Different Esc's They Show The Blue And Green Leds When You Give Them Throttle And Don't Run.we Moved The Timing Back And We Can Spin The Rotor And It Will Run Now.anyone Had This Problem.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
im a little confused. well i guess i should say im new at this brushless stuff. i baught a 4300 and the sintered rotor with endbell. i put it in. i just didnt notice anything about timing it diff? waht do i look for? anyone have details about how to change it. i hear theres not much diff in speed with it or anything i just am curious how it works? i didnt see it int he instructions for the rotor. thaanks

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
The timing and the rotor are independent, you can adjust it the same no matter what rotor you have. You'll notice a notched black plastic ring at the "endbell" end of your motor. Loosen the the 3 screws that hold the cover on the back of the motor and you can turn this ring. This adjusts the timing. Turn it counterclockwise to increase just like a brushed motor. What it does is moves the circuit board that contains the Hall chips that commutate the motor. Moving their postion relative to the rotor adjusts the timing.

Different motors like different timing so there is no set place to put it that is always right. You can't really turn it all that much so don't force it or you'll probably end up like the person who started the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts