Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Any of them are fine...This question has been asked a few times on other threads. If you do a search you will find more in depth details.

Novak, LRP, Tekin are all great. They all run fast, you will just need to find the correct gearing. If you have a buddy that runs one, get the same as him so you can compair notes. Because if someone says they are running a 4.00 rollout with a tekin, you will prob have to run a 4.60 with a Novak, or a 4.20 with a different Tekin setup. So the best thing to do is get one that one of the people you race with is familiar with, and they can hook you up with a good baseline setup.

If you have any questions just ask. Most every racer is happy to help out in any way they can.

Joel White

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i would check with your local track if you plan on racing and make sure they dont have set rule on what esc to use at are track if you run cot 17.5 it must be novak only so i would check with your track first just my two cent

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
I just looked at Novak's site and you can only preorder the 1s/sspro system.
We have not started shipping the Havoc 1S esc/systems yet. We re-did the brain board, which pushed off our projected ship date. We have received so many orders for the SmartBoosts that we are back-ordered on those also.

We still offer the cooling plate that has been used in (4 NiMH) or single cell racing. The plate is compatible with the GTBs, SLYDRs, Havoc Pros, Havoc 1S, 2S and 3S controllers. All of our controllers work fine on single cell, but the Havoc 1S offers the built in SmartBoost circuitry.

Later, we will offer the Havoc 1S and Havoc Pro controllers with the cooling plate installed, for tighter installations. When we install the plate, we also solder in the input and switch wires rather than use the plug-in sockets found on our escs with HSs installed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts