Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a shot of Monarch Models owner Scott McKillop with the finished box for Sinbad. He really understands our desire for these kits and is working hard to get them in our hands.

Rob
Monster Model Review

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Awesome box art. I'm gonna enjoy building this one. Moebius and Monarch have gotten my styrene figure kit juices flowing again after 40 years.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I agree John ! That Box Art is Absolutely Awesome:thumbsup:...
Looks like they can't be that far off...COOOOL!!!
Mcdee:wave:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I met him at Wonderfest and saw a build up. There were some other neat things on the table as well. I am sure Scott is doing as good as he can considering what it takes to start up a company with most of the work being done overseas and a day job at the same time. I am just happy he is making us born again monster modelers happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I love that box art and the kit looks great. Thank you, Scott for all the effort you put in to bring us this kit. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The Aurora Spartacus and Gladiator are interesting...
I quized him about those at WF, he said they were only on display so folks could compare the sinbad box art to the aurora kits. I was hoping he would do the gladiators, but he said no. I hope sometime in the future someone reissues those, or comes up with new similar kits.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Well that just sucks... kinda deceptive IMHO... I bet those figures would have sold much better than the waste of time James Bond and Odd Jobb that PL did... I still have them in my shop!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I quized him about those at WF, he said they were only on display so folks could compare the sinbad box art to the aurora kits. I was hoping he would do the gladiators, but he said no. I hope sometime in the future someone reissues those, or comes up with new similar kits.
thats just downright weird.
normally i defend s.m. whenever anyone gripes about the delays, but here i have to say that the decision to display those gladiator boxes was a very bad idea. there shouldn't be a need to explain to folks that these were "just for comparison"... you never display any product or product art for anything that you dont actually intend to produce.
i understand what he was trying to do, but as it stands he was unintentionally deceptive.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Aurora Spartacus and Gladiator are interesting...
I have those kits 2 of each one set mib and one set built up but would love a repop especially a captin kidd or blackbeard the pirate . but defintely looking forward to whatever monarch puts out !

Robert

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Oooooohhhhhh!
Fantastic box art! Gorgeous built-ups. Tantalizing photos.
Gorgo will be fun to build.
And are those pics of a Fly prototype my old eyes see?
Thanks for the up-date.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
The Fly is the one I'm most waiting for!! I don't care if it takes a decade- I want that one for sure!!!

Chris.:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts