Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't mind me asking. What's the most you spent on a JL? I was just curious. My wife seems to think I spend too much money on JL's. Thought maybe I could prove her wrong. Personally the most i've spent was 20.00 on the 10th anniversary Ecto1 a. It's still my favorite Jl followed closely by the skylines. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
About $100 for the car on the bottom left in this picture:

and about the same for this one:

It can be as expensive as you want it to be! Certain items I deemed worthy to spend the money on, and some I've passed on that cost less money. Collect what you like and can enjoy. If money is an object, just tell yourself you don't need that item, because there's plenty more where that came from!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I have spent $17.50 a piece for 2 WL Camaros.
and $15.00 for a Limited Edition Cuda.
being as it is a toy and most of the items are new I say nothing more than $20.00; however that is just me.
Richard

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
On a wl........ $300 for a 202-04 Mustang serial #100
On a Topper..... $400 on a bp brown El Dorado
On a regular JL..... $6 on a Street Freaks Nova

G

·
$225 for a 1 of 25 white with gold stripes Promo Edition Shelby Mustang.

$100 for an opening door Topper Custom Ferrari

$82 for a magenta HW Seasider - C9+ and original boat

$20 for 2 C9+ Matchbox GT40 Fords - 1960's

$200 for a 1/18 scale Carroll Shelby Birthday Edition Shelby Mustang - signed

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
i once spent a rediculous amount for the 203-04 red 1967 GTO white lightning,,,,,like 17.88 or something,,,,,that was nuts,,,

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
$20- 25 dollars, but after learning you can wait a month or two til the rush & hype is over, almost all of it becomes easier & cheaper pickings. Nowdays it has to be reasonable priced to begin with for me. They's some pretty rare stuff out there - stuff that will never come down but rather, just go higher. Really, its all up to the person- have you compared the price that you bought the Ecto for to what you could give for it now? :lol: sometimes the wife wins - sometimes you'll win :) as long as it works, you can enjoy it for the pleasure and enjoyment, thats what counts anyways, no matter what the price is. As for the investment end of it, well you know- the lower you buy the better-

·
Premium Member
14,361 Posts
$225 for a 1 of 25 white with gold stripes Promo Edition Shelby Mustang.

You made me feel good Rob. :thumbsup:

What is the color of the grill on your car?

How's your 1:1 Firebird coming along?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts