Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Silvis Dirt Oval Has Been Reconfigured. Track Is Slightly Longer And Much Wider. We Had A Handfull Of Guys Run On Tuesday, All Very Pleased With New Layout. Corners And Staights Have 14' Lanes, Cars Ran High And Low, Should Provide For Good Racing. We Had Planned To Hold First Race On April 28, But The Rain Took Care Of That. We Will Spend This Coming Week Re-grooming The Track. Should Be Ready By Mid Week. Any Questions Call Tim 309-751-9663.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
race days will be wednesdays and saturdays, races will start at 7pm both days and will be $10 first entry and $5 there after.wednesdays we will run 2 heats and a main so racers can get to work in the am. saturdays we will run 3 heats and a main or mains with possible bump ups.power is supplied but you may want to bring an extension cord and a small work table as we will be pitting outdoors. hope to see everybody soon as this new configuration should provide exciting racing. the track has many racing lanes and is plenty fast

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
whoa!!! wait a minute i wouldn't say professional. we're just a bunch of guys who love to get together and have some good racing fun. we rub, bump, and an occasional what the ---- just happened. if we can do alot of rubbing and laugh about it later i guess we're your professionals.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Cmon JT ive never seen any pros come from the qcs. Elbow and i are coming. We are wanting to race electric trucks, JT has 1 too. So we can make a class. Maybe even attract some more guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
some of the best dirt track racers cum from the surounding Q.C area yep need to get the word out we'll be there! Lets smoke some electrics and go fast!

·
Registered
223 Posts
JT again went to silvis tonite what a excellent track! kept loseing tierod ends cant figure it out but i will one way or another. 4 & 5 car wide raceing!! a little loose but will be there early to help straighten it out. I'S SMOOTH HIGH BANKED AND A BLAST TO RUN ON. H ope to see a good turnout saturday! JT world wide

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Couldn't Stay(work), But I Was Told Every One Liked The New Layout. Hopefully The Rain Will Stay Away And We Can Spend Sat. Grooming And Not Repairing. Expecting Good Turn Out Sat. See Everyone At The Track

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Tim Here Would Like To Thank Everyone For Coming Saturday. Seems That Everyone Had Good Races And Most Of All , Lots Of Fun. Hope To See Everyone Back On Saturday If Weather Holds Up. The Track Is Living Up To My Expectations, The First Night We Ran Last Years Laps And After Sat Races We Beat The Pace By 4 Laps. I expect Those Lap Times And Laps Will Fall By The Way Side Also. A Special Thankx To All That Helped In Getting The Track To Where It Is Now.all For Now See Ya At The Races.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
jts5555 said:
hey marvin what time does hobby town start?
jts5555 i tried to email you but you dnt show any contact info.. you should set up your PM box.. it has nothing to do with your email.. thats how we contact each other on hobbytalk... anyway I saw you were looking for a racetech brush serrator/ contour tool.., the owner of racetech is selling these brand new.. email me at [email protected] for a link to his auctions.. he is selling them for 5 dollars, plus shipping.. he also has spare bits for 2.50 each.. you can get one brand new for less then the one you posted about..

·
Registered
223 Posts
silvis is a blast most fun iv'e had in years our trucks are the way to go, but we need more jenzo with 51 laps! ! ! puting 8 cell to keep up with brushless thats rite i.m going for the hole ball of wax or burn something up! will see you all (or most of ya on hump day) will fix tierods from comming off !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
sorry jenzo yes you did 52. You know i'm always off by a lap or 2! Not many showed up wed. most people must have gone to davenpit to watch the big cars on the 1/4 mile track. Will be a better turn out sat free hot dogs 4 everyone JT

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dam jenzo thats all you have to say it was excellent! 3 & 4 cars wide! very fast track. Will bring hotdogs next wk. hope to see the rest of the Durbins saturday. Will see you all next wk. JT

1 - 20 of 1310 Posts