Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at maybe buying one of these rare Silver Cuda T-Hunts to add to my Cuda diecast collection.

Not being too much of a Hot Wheels collector, I do not really know much about these things (i.e. their rarety, the story behind them, etc.). However, before buying one at such a high price, I was wondering if anybody here could briefly summarize the story behind these pieces and how rare they really are (numbers would be great).

Thanks for the help! :wave:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The vast majority (if not all??) went to Walgreens in 24 or 36 ct. (I'm not sure which) counter displays. It would seem they are much more rare than 95 TH's. Since we're dealing with Mattel, there will never be a reliable number, only specualtion by those that think they know

·
Registered
849 Posts
The vast majority (if not all??) went to Walgreens in 24 or 36 ct. (I'm not sure which) counter displays. It would seem they are much more rare than 95 TH's. Since we're dealing with Mattel, there will never be a reliable number, only specualtion by those that think they know
joe is correct in most went to walgreens but a few were found at target..
my dad had 4 of them at 1 time all from walgreens

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And, I suppose nobody knows any production numbers? Greater or less than 10,000? 5,000? 1,000? You get the picture. ;)

I understand that these numbers are impossible to come by, but just wondering if anybody has the slightest idea.

Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
And, I suppose nobody knows any production numbers? Greater or less than 10,000? 5,000? 1,000? You get the picture. ;)

I understand that these numbers are impossible to come by, but just wondering if anybody has the slightest idea.

Thanks! :wave:
Everyone has their own idea. But you KNOW where that gets us!! LOL!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts