Hobbyist Forums banner

621 - 638 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Well i have never been a fan of the silve side shocks.. I had three sets in the past and all of them leaked.. , I recently aquired a set of the teflon coated ones in a trade.. I built them up and again they leaked.. I have built them, and had other build them and they still leaked..Now with that said

I went down to lefthanders shop this past week, and picked up a pair of the new style end caps with the plastic insert. I also picked up a pair of the o rings for the end caps.. I built the shocks, and no leaking.. They feel super smooth.. The new end cap makes them so much better. I have always run the standard vcs shocks due to there smoothness.. I can say with this new style cap, i will be running silva shocks from now on.. I cant wait to run them this summer..

·
Registered
676 Posts
I used my Silva X-factor to take 3rd in Brushed Mod this past weekend at the ARCOR paved worlds at Freddies Hobbies in Ravenna Ohio, Dayrl Silva finished 4th. I can't thank Daryl enough for all the help this weekend.

Joel Biro

·
Registered
842 Posts
My Silva spec truck has been on a tear for the last 5 months at Thunderroad in Va and has been nearly unbeatable (Lost 1 main and 1 heat in 5 months). Before that, I was running an adx with moderate success, but this Silva is something else. Looking forward to more great products from Silva!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just wanted to wish everyone best of luck this up coming racing season. If you have any quetions let me know I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

As for up dates to set ups I have changed the way I have done some things towards the end of last season and over the summer. One thing that I do now is run a hyperdrive center shock mount. What this shock mount does is move the shock further back and allows it to be adjusted easier.

I know that over the past months, or years that I have not been the biggest fan of the protofrom HD dodge body. But now I am starting to like this body more and more every time that I run it. One trick that I found that makes it work is to add rake when mounting it (approx .400 to .500). I know this seems odd but this is what I found this body needs. As for the THD I think that with the way I am mounting the Dodge now that the two bodies are really similar however the Dodge tends to be a little tighter off the corner.

Again good luck this racing season, and please post your questions or advise so everyone can share in the information.

Thanks
-Monti-

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Josh

·
Registered
655 Posts
So heres a good question.. Where did the website go and where can pictures be seen and car/parts be ordered?

Selling my Hyperdrive to get back on the silva ride.

One of the last times out with my last silva cars was the birds 06'. On TQ pace for 19t spec and got walled head-on I mean the guy drove thru the ice and t-boned me into the wall. That thing never went the same. maybe the chassis got tweaked??

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
rckfracing said:
So heres a good question.. Where did the website go and where can pictures be seen and car/parts be ordered?

Selling my Hyperdrive to get back on the silva ride.

One of the last times out with my last silva cars was the birds 06'. On TQ pace for 19t spec and got walled head-on I mean the guy drove thru the ice and t-boned me into the wall. That thing never went the same. maybe the chassis got tweaked??
http://silvaconcepts.net/

lefthander-rc.com should have all the parts you need in stock today!

-Monti-

·
Registered
655 Posts
Monti, can you e-mail me a starting set-up for a flat track approximately 15' turn radius, 160ish foot track, hi-bite industrial carpet, where traction rolling is a concern. Rebuilding my silva with a new chassis after a few years with other brands. Thenks Keith

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Yes..Still one of the best flat track cars ever.

621 - 638 of 638 Posts