Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tony, thanks for showing the shock differences.

Justin, here are the complete shock kit part numbers:
SC127 Silver
SC128 Blue
SC129 Black
SC130 Hard
SC131 Red

X-FACTOR 4, for the people that are asking, yes Daryl and Sean ran allot of the new parts at this years Kimbrough 400.

I will have more updates next week on release date.

D&D Silva

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
We ran the new shock on Saturday and let me tell you...................

These things are plain awesome. Very smooth and they stayed that way all day long. Because there was little to no piston scuffing the car seemed like it turned in better and was smoother through the corners. With the o-ring seal the shocks never leaked a bit and stayed glass smooth the whole day. I would say that you could go several weekends with out a rebuild. The Silva HPS shocks were almost as smooth as the HPI center shock. That is hard to do so big props to the Silva boyz for updating an already outstanding product. You guys need to get some of these shocks cause they are just plain awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
I am not sure if the new shocks will include the o-ring seal but if they do not here is the part number:

SC126 HPS Shock Nut O-ring

Bleeding these is a bit tricky if you use the o-ring. Just take your time and bleed it like you do an HPI shock. Get your rebound the same for both shocks and then go race all day. With the new bushing I think the shocks stay pressurized longer which should make them last longer in between rebuilds.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey D & D!

I just ordered my Silva Concept blue HPS shock kit (SC128). Will it be coming with the blue shock bodies, and shock caps? I am just wondering, because on your website (www.silvaconcepts.com) and the IRS website (www.teamirsrc.com) there are no pictures of the HPS shock kits. :confused:

Alrighty, guess that's all for now!:thumbsup:

Thanks!
Justin #29
JDM RC Racing
www.geocities.com/cornwallrc

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Tony thanks for the good words. Also keep us posted on the life you are getting out of them between rebuilds.

Justin, thanks for the support!

More news on the X-FACTOR 4,
The chassis kit will be based on the L4, There are many new things on the car to help out with the performance. Most of all the parts will be inter changable to the L4.

I am working on a new website and I will have more news up very soon.

D & D Silva

·
Registered
394 Posts
Awsome! So basically this will be a conversion kit for L4O? Hope there will be pics and such available soon, because I am looking for a chassis upgrade, and the X-factor might be the next buy when it is released!

So my HPS shock kit will be completely blue? LOL, Just wondering, because my car is all blue, want them to match, lol. Here's a pic of my Sylva Concept hop-up car:

Thanks!
Justin #29
JDM RC Racing

·
Registered
394 Posts
LoL, thanks Erock, I spent a lot of $$ and time into it, but the main thing is that it handles just as good as it looks, but the new Sylva HPS shocks would help a tad more, as my stock ones are starting to have better days!

Thanks!
Justin #29
JDM RC Racing

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I just tried to orders the SC138 updated nuts from RC4less, but Bruce said his distributors do'nt have them yet. Where can I get some?

·
Registered
282 Posts
No problem, glad you found them.

Zig

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just got done running the new shocks this weekend out here at the Velodrome nats and they worked well. I TQ'd, set a new track record and won the A main with them. What was more amazeing was running a lap of 10.9 sec which is 69mph with a 4 cell mod car! The new updates are killer!

-Monti-

21 - 40 of 638 Posts