Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the white '69 Chevelle SS with orange flames (the one that is supposed to be Jada's first chase car) at Target. No wave number on the side. I also found that same '69 Chevelle SS with no wave number in red with a black and white stripe running down the middle.

Is this also a chase car with a paint variation?

And while were on silly questions, I also found a '63 Sting Ray with no wave number...what's up with that?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
It's a "best of" wave with cars pulled from various past waves. The red Chevelle was originally in wave 2, along with the red Vette. The only chase car is the white with flames Chevelle, originally in wave 3 with orange stripes instead of the flames.
Oh, and if you look real close at the license plate on the front of the package, where they have the collector number? Top left corner "wave" and on the top right "000" Wave 000.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECchopper said:
It's a "best of" wave with cars pulled from various past waves. The red Chevelle was originally in wave 2, along with the red Vette. The only chase car is the white with flames Chevelle, originally in wave 3 with orange stripes instead of the flames.
Oh, and if you look real close at the license plate on the front of the package, where they have the collector number? Top left corner "wave" and on the top right "000" Wave 000.
Thanks for the info...never noticed the wave number on the plate.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
And the thread mentions low dist. numbers too. Anyone know how low?
Can't be all that scarce, I bought one and left at least four hanging in the past week!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bray said:
Can't be all that scarce, I bought one and left at least four hanging in the past week!
I left a couple hanging last week myself. I decided to go back this week and the Jada pegs were just as sparce as the new JL's. All but a couple of oddball cars, mostly the wierd metallic orange and green ones were left. Jada pegs were always pretty full around here...now that I'm buying them, everyone else in town decided to grab them up as well. Deffinitly growing in popularity if what I've seen diminish around here over the last two weeks is any indication.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I keep reading that there is a white Chevelle in each case. I don't consider that to be a chase car in the traditional sense.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree with Atencio here...it's more like a variation of the more common white with orange striped version. Either way...something I needed to have.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silly chase car question #2:

What exactly makes the white w/orange flames a chase car and the same car (red w/a white stripe) not a chase car? Is the white one a replica of some real car where the red one is not? I think I need a chase car manual :freak:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Because.....

ECchopper said:
The only chase car is the white with flames Chevelle, originally in wave 3 with orange stripes instead of the flames.
Here's the car as originally released.

And here it is now....

The red Chevelle, and all the rest remain as they were originally released.
With one other execption. As if you're not confused enough, right?
The race Camaro now sports different wheels.
As released in wave 3....

(now they're chrome)

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
But I'm inclined to believe the Chevelle isn't as limited as they would like us to think. I have found five of them so far...and I do NOT find five "chase cars"

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
ECchopper said:
But I'm inclined to believe the Chevelle isn't as limited as they would like us to think. I have found five of them so far...and I do NOT find five "chase cars"
A diecast company would never stretch the truth ;).

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So let me see if I get this straight...a chase car would be a second release of a previously released paint job, with some sort of slight change, like going from the stripes to the flames?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I have found MORE of these so-called "chase cars" (and we were led to believe they were chase cars)....than some of the regular releases. And believe me, because I have 160 or so of the 1/64 scale Bigtime Muscle cars, all found in stores. Some of them were harder to find than others. Some, I've only seen one of.

I think the regularly released waves are more limited than this "wave 000".

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The chase car I left in WM was gone the next day. I found a GTO I didn't have at KB, but you're right, I've seen the chase car more than I have some of the other cars I'd like to have. Well, I got one chase, that's enough for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts