Hobbyist Forums banner

Siku? Made in Germany?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Karl 
#1 ·
Ok like I need something else to chase after but I just came across these Siku die cast. I buy the Bruder vehicles for my kids because they are made in Germany and are of superior craftsmanship unlike the other brands.

So are the Siku cara made I. Germany or are they just a German company and they are made overseas in Asia? I love their military vehicles and think I might need to get some of them.

Any help on finding some aside from eBay as well as info would help.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Ok let's see. Here is some production info from which I gather that they are indeed made in Germany.

http://www.siku.de/en/siku/1/production.html

However, export to the USA has been stopped. Reason being that officially the trade rules have changed which became a stumbling block for Siku. Unofficially Siku doesn't have the production power and resources to cover the US market properly with sufficient stock and advertising against the likes of Mattel while still doing what they do in the rest of the world. The top 3 sales areas are in fact Ireland, Korea and New Zealand (apart from Germany of course). That means your options are limited. There might be online traders, shops and places with stock as old as 2011 but that's basically it for the USA/North America.

If someone is resourceful and doesn't mind shipping costs, they can find most of what they want online or overseas with a simple credit card payment, I don't want to deny that. Full on cover and new stock in Walmart or TRU won't happen though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.