Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a particular way to explain how to select side spring selection
Run a R-5 with 12 # left and 11# Right. Works like a charm. ( if only my driving could keep up with it) Tried a stiffer L12 r 13# real was snapping off in the center of the corner. kept everything else the same. center shock &# wit .063 t-plate.
Our track is a very tight martinsville type oval. if you miss a little the wallsare imenent.. After my battery runs down I can hold it wide open but not as fast as lifting setting the car up.
My Question
Would like my car to be more predictable coming out. Especially in the first minute or so.
Softer springs allowing the rear to pivot more?
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
659 Posts
Stiffer springs will free the car up more

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
is there a particular way to explain how to select side spring selection
Run a R-5 with 12 # left and 11# Right. Works like a charm. ( if only my driving could keep up with it) Tried a stiffer L12 r 13# real was snapping off in the center of the corner. kept everything else the same. center shock &# wit .063 t-plate.
Our track is a very tight martinsville type oval. if you miss a little the wallsare imenent.. After my battery runs down I can hold it wide open but not as fast as lifting setting the car up.
My Question
Would like my car to be more predictable coming out. Especially in the first minute or so.
Softer springs allowing the rear to pivot more?
Thanks Dan

Stiffer spring on Right Rear then Left Rear = tighter turning radius under throttle.
Softer spring on Right Rear then Left Rear = Bigger turning radius under throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts