Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the rc world, looking to buy a losi mini late model soon. anybody offer the side air dams to buy or are people just making them. What is the lightest and best material to use when making one, from what ive seen its just thin piece of lexan or plexiglass? What about the braces to the body, what is everyone suggest using for them. THanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wouldn't run a side dam. The only wing I run is a rear spoiler. But you can make one out of very thin lexan and plastic screws because the wing could end up weighing as much as the body.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't run a side dam. The only wing I run is a rear spoiler. But you can make one out of very thin lexan and plastic screws because the wing could end up weighing as much as the body.
I personally dont want to run one and wish the class im wanting to run wouldnt allow them, but everyone is running them and they was telling me how much it helps having one.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
if your running mod they would be great to have. they run a class at one of the tracks i go to and without the side dam they wouldn't handle at all in the turns.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your running mod they would be great to have. they run a class at one of the tracks i go to and without the side dam they wouldn't handle at all in the turns.
I will be running mod, everyone told me you really needed one to handle good in that class.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My son ran a side dam in an open class with insane horsepower. These cars were faster than anything run at the track. The side dam was a necessity. They are best if made from .030" lexan. The braces are made from the same material. You can use .020" but it is a little floppy and wont give the full benefit of the dam. Use nylon screws to mount. Good luck. Pull the trigger, hang on, and have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Anyone have pictures of the completed installation?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts