Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Shreveport Times, Hobby Lobby is going to open a store in Shreveport, La. IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! I had heard rumors of this since the old K-Mart in East Gate Shopping Center had closed down. The rumor was eventually it was going to open up there. But according to the newspaper it is going to open in the old Service Merchandise building. This is great because it means I will no longer have to go to Texarkana, or West Monroe to get the 1/2 price deals they have on occasion. It is scheduled to open the third quarter of 2005. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's about time that Shreveport/Bossier caught up with the rest of the world. But then again what am I saying. Bastrop will never get one so I'll have to continue to drive to W. Monroe.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Guess there's still hope that we'll get one in the DC area one of these decades. Probably about the time arthiritis sets in and my modeling days are through. :freak: rr

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bossier Hobby and Craft?

What about Tom Dobbin's place, i'm pretty sure it's Bossier City Hobby and Craft. He moved from his old location several years ago to a nicer area of town. Is he still open? Used to be one of my favorite customers! He always had a HUGE selection of plastics, some of them pretty old too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent news about the Hobby Lobby! I have been making special trips to Alexandria to go to the Hobby Lobby there, but I actually go to Shreveport more often for other shopping (the wife loves to shop)...this is good news!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Oh man Jon, you are so lucky. It's unlikely anyone will ever put up a Hobby Lobby in desolate Youngstown.
Still I can't complain too much. Youngstown still has two fine long established hobby shops. Boardman Hobby and Amer's Hobby shop. I know both owners well and neither of them plan on folding anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bossier

Tom doesn't have many big sales that i know of, but is truely worth looking up if you live in Bossier. He's also big into RC stuff. When i met him in the mid 80's he still had the late 60's early 70's Corgi and Dinky Sci Fi stuff in the original displays and in the box! ;)

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
We finally got one in the Columbia, SC area -- it'd been years since I'd been in one. Can't beat 'em!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any idea where in Bossier/Shreveport, they put that Hobby Lobby. One of these days, when I visit my Mother-In-Law, I'm going to have to poke my nose in there.

Model-builder from Canada, West Coast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts