Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this one in the mail from TTP. Been chasing this one for a while. Came out before I was collecting JL real hard I guess.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
The Funny Car Legends was a nice run. My favorite is the USA-1 Camaro. The third release of them ended up at Kay-Bee in the 6 packs with white lightnings mixed in. I bought a bunch of the sets for the white lightnings.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
The Funny Car Legends was a nice run. My favorite is the USA-1 Camaro. The third release of them ended up at Kay-Bee in the 6 packs with white lightnings mixed in. I bought a bunch of the sets for the white lightnings.
I wasn't collecting when Kay Bee was around so I missed that stuff...SIGH

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I wasn't collecting when Kay Bee was around so I missed that stuff...SIGH
I think all of us die cast collectors miss KBToys. They bought a lot of JL stock and passed them on to us at 3/$5. I remember Rebel Rods, American Chrome, the original Street Freaks, Hollywood on Wheels, Camaro Legends, and many others there on clearance. Other places to get JL cars on closeout were Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Big Lots. Everything has dried up though because JL mostly produces what is requested now rather than making a bunch and sitting on inventory that is passed on at discounted prices. I miss the old days.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
A Comic/Collectors store in the town where I work had a bunch of JLs from the early 2000s for $2.00 each. I eventually bought them all, must have been about a good dozen of them, and they all had original KB stickers on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts