Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our weekly chat Friday evening, we had a brief discussion about a handlebar mustache (you had to be there). And I mentioned I was going to start a thread for the custom boards where we could post a personal photo.

It's always fun to match a face to a name, so this is the opportunity to see what our customizers look like. If your comfortable with the idea of the whole world knowing your true identity (well, minus your social security number and stuff) then have at it!

Should be neat to see what our builders look like in real life. I don't expect many to take the challenge (normally I would not even do it) but well try it anyway.

So I suppose I have to kick things off....sorry we could not start out on a better looking mug! I was suprised that I had so few photos of myself without my family. And I guessed that they did not want to be seen with me here! So I did find one of me and Joe Bonamassa (I'm the big ugly one on the left)

69Stang

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Here's me and my heavy right foot. :devil:
(This vid was a lot safer than it looks, don't be too upset/impressed:))

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Zeb, I assume that's a cardboard self poitrait you made?
That's so dang good, you have much creative talent!!!!
Thanks Dave. I appreciate that. I made this in 1989, I believe. It was for a 3-D design class when I was in college. It's actually a full figure portrait of me sitting on a mountain top. I sprayed the figure with red oxide primer and the mountain top with trunk paint. Those little flecks of color in the trunk paint made the rocks look really neat. Too bad the mountain top no longer exists. I didn't have room to store it so I cut it away from the figure and tossed it out. The figure hangs behind a shelf in my basement.
Here's a better shot of me for those who don't know what I actually look like.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And THAT ladies and gentlemen, is the handlebar mustache in question!!! Love the vintage Yukon Cornelius vibe going on it that photo Zeb!

And Doba...what can I say? That is a FREAKIN awesome track!!!! Now I want to get into slots just so I can build something so amazing! Fantastic work there for sure.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts