Hobbyist Forums banner

Show your Lone Stars (not Texas...)

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Baron von Zach 
#1 ·
Lone Star Roadmasters and Impy (and Tuf Tots if you have any)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Like most brands of International diecast makes, I only have the one casting. This one is not called a Corvette or even a Chevrolet. It goes by Gran Turismo, but based on the B pilar vent style is easily recognized as a '63 Split Window, that has unfortunantly had its rear split window body piece removed for better rear view mirror vision ala Zora's recommendation.

I am also not sure of the proper order of the 3 series/sub series names listed on the base. Although Road Master probably goes first.

And like most macro photography image studies, these are not out of focus. But, have a narrow depth of field to hi-light only a portion of the casting with the rest of it being outside of the depth of field (in focus) range. For myself that is usually the leading (closest) edges of the subject at hand, but could be the middle or even the fartherest away parts of the casting. Often that depends on the angle orientation used in the set up to the subject.

Lone Star Road-Master Flyers Super Cars Gran Turismo 1:58 by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Lone Star Road-Master Flyers Super Cars Gran Turismo 1:58 by Milton Fox, on Flickr

#3 ·
Good one, that has the later "Flyers" wheels.

This I believe to be the (or close to) last issue of that casting:

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's a curveball...Lone Star made a short list of 1/50 scale models centered in and around 1962, including a 1962 Cadillac. Many of the models in that lineup were subsequently shared with Tootsietoy, for a series of 1/50 scale "Classics." To add fuel to the fire, I've found images of most of the Tootsietoy variants covered also in 1/87 scale where they were often sold as model railroad accessories, including this Cadillac. It's been a while since I looked, but I'm pretty sure the darker blue is the Lone Star, and the lighter blue is the Tootsietoy, and yes....there is an HO variant of the Tootsie out there in the world, I do not have one, but I do have the Rambler Station Wagon in HO scale.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.